[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - 2 different versions of Vertical's Black Jack

2 different versions of Vertical's Black Jack

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Tetsuwan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:51 am

Go here and print out the pdf order form (Consumer Order Form) or Short Order Form (Short Order Form (Generic)). I used the Consumer Order Form PDF, which includes you having to print out only the first page and the page with the comic you want to order on it.

You then fill out the first page and check off the comic you want to order. Then go to your local comic book store and give it to them. Now the order forms available now have expired July 12th, so you'll have to wait until new forms are listed. I actually ordered a couple of other things with this form.

If you keep checking back at that link it probably will be updated with a new form. The way I found this was on the Diamonds preview page I looked under Resources, then clicked on Order Forms.
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby Huscheli » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:55 pm

Omg I would've never found out this by myself XD
Thank you!
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby putrocca » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:58 pm

Vertical has sent me 25 copies of the promo poster for Black Jack to share with site users. It's a beautiful poster too.

Anyone who wants one can have one but you need to reimburse me the cost of shipping it to you. I'm going to need some time to get to the post office and get some cheap mailing tubes. I imagine tube and shipping together shouldn't be more than $5 but I'll have an exact figure in a couple of days. Paypal works for repaying me - for those who don't have paypal we can work out something else.

Anyone who wants one, send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll reserve you one. I won't be shipping any for a few days since Vertical might be sending me some preview issues too in a separate package and I want to wait to see if those arrive so I can send them together - not sure if they will.

Also, if anyone wants one, I'll happily send along one of our TezukaInEnglish.com buttons along with the poster. Just look at the designs and let me know which one you like. (If non-poster-wanting people want buttons too just let me know - we don't sell them and Tezuka Pro doesn't really mind that we use the images since it's only to promote their stuff)

- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Huscheli » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:48 pm

I am definately interested! ^^ But I guess shipping to me would be a bit more than 5$?
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby putrocca » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:54 pm

Probably so, sadly.
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby putrocca » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:57 pm

By the way, I have confirmation that the first excluded issue printed will be issue #37 'The Two Jans.' aka. 'The Siamese Twins.' This is a very dark issue focusing on medical ethics.
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Huscheli » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:36 pm

Ohh I know that one! Cool. Now I want the book even more ;_; But why can't one just order it normally via a bookstore *sigh*
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby strobe_z » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:46 pm

Huscheli, I can always get a copy and send it to you if necessary. These aren't LIMITED releases are they? I imagine there'll be less printed than the Softcover versions, but I haven't seen anything that says they'll be limited to say, 2000 copies or something, right?
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Kuririn » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:57 pm

Image "Or the moment
when you know it's over and the nothing which you
have to say is falling all around you, lavishly,
pouring its heart out."
-Don McKay
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby putrocca » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:38 am

FYI the poster I have is the one shown at the bottom left of this page, with the yellow title box:

putrocca

Site Founder

Postby MGimA » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:31 pm

MGimA

Postby Puddles » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:44 pm

The new Previews has the softcover of Vol 1 listed, as well as the hardcover of Vol 2. So both versions are available through Diamond, which is nice for those of us who frequent comic stores.
Puddles

Postby Deda » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:21 pm

Deda

Tezuka Nut

Postby Fauna » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:28 pm

Fauna

Tezuka Nut

Postby DESERT-SPIRIT » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:25 pm

As much as I am hyped-as-hell for the first volume of BJ to be released, I can't help but feel I'll be doing myself a disservice if I don't shell out for the hardcover... :(
Sooo... if I print out that form Tetsuwan linked to and hand it into Forbidden Planet, they'll order it in for me? I might just do that...
BEFORE ALL OF YOU SNAG IT UP!! :twisted:
BTW, how many of you are going for the hardcover?
DESERT-SPIRIT

PreviousNext

Return to English Language Releases