[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - 2 different versions of Vertical's Black Jack

2 different versions of Vertical's Black Jack

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby UnluckyLukeGR » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:03 am

This is a good idea, actually. I've preordered volume 1 at my local shop, but I don't have much faith in them. So, especially because of the even more limited run of volumes 2 and 3, I would really appreciate somebody snagging me a copy of those when they come out.
UnluckyLukeGR

Tezuka Nut

Postby Huscheli » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:03 am

I can't wait for them to arrive and to read the "new" story. ^^ I hope everyone will get one in the end.
And I can finally lend Black Jack to friends who can't read french ^^'
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Puddles » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:55 pm

I'm going with the softcovers. I'm not into spending $8 for 20 pages, and I'm not a "completist" who needs everything Tezuka's ever done. But I can understand going for the hardcover.
Puddles

Postby Huscheli » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:32 am

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Lamp » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:19 am

Is anyone willing to sell me their copies when they get them? I am willing pay more than cover price for them - if I have to, way more (I am not sure what they regularly cost - I just pre-ordered the common Amazon ones). I missed the deadlines, and I live two hours away from any comic stores anyway. I did not learn of this until today.

I spent a small fortune on my English Tezuka collection, and I am worried my collection will now forever be incomplete.

EDIT: This is driving me crazy, I can't sleep. I can't find any online stores that let me get the hardcover for volume one.
Lamp

Tezuka reader

Postby Kuririn » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:40 am

Oh my, chill. :O Even if you can't find any help here on the forum (which you probably will) they'll definitely pop up on eBay or used on Amazon eventually! Don't worry too much, okay? :)

I didn't realize there was a deadline...curses, looks like I won't be getting the hardcover, unless Skrcha remembered our Otakon conversation and preordered it...oh well.
Image "Or the moment
when you know it's over and the nothing which you
have to say is falling all around you, lavishly,
pouring its heart out."
-Don McKay
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby Tetsuwan » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:14 pm

I don't think its a deadline issue rather more of the fact that there's limited copies being produced. Since it's been stated "the hardcover volume 1 will be limited to 1,500 copies. Only 1,200 copies of hardcover volumes 2 & 3 will be printed."

I assume they are not going to run out very quickly though. After all, I doubt many people outside of these forums know of the hardcover editions. (or how to get them for that matter).

Still, I'm going sometime this week to place an order for Vol 2.
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby Princess Sapphire » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:54 pm

Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby grapeofdeath » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:38 am

grapeofdeath

Tezuka reader

Previous

Return to English Language Releases