[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - 2 different versions of Vertical's Black Jack

2 different versions of Vertical's Black Jack

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Fauna » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:51 pm

Yeah, that's how it works! I went by my local shop on Sunday, and they took out an ordering catalogue, looked up both volumes and arranged to have my copy arrive with next month's shipments.

I'll be going for the hardcovers because...well, it's got the rare stories! That, and hardcover will be a little sturdier and have less of a chance of warping the cover, but that's not big news.
Fauna

Tezuka Nut

Postby DESERT-SPIRIT » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:27 am

DESERT-SPIRIT

Postby Princess Sapphire » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:58 pm

I have hardcovers 1 and 2 on order along with Volume 1 of the standard softcover series on order with my comics shop. :D
Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Tetsuwan » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:07 pm

For those interested here is a direct link to the order form for this month. They list the Hardcover Black Jack vol 1 and 2 (I see Princess Sapphire has already ordered both volumes).

Go to page 23 and print it out as well as the first page that says "Order Deadline: August 16, 2008".
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby Duofan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:31 am

Gah! I have to go to my local Comic/Manga stores at once.

I hope it's not too hard to get these releases where I am -_-
Duofan

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:12 pm

I dunno if you speak french Duofan, but it's probably possible to find the very nice French Hardcover release of Black Jack in Montreal as well...
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Princess Sapphire » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:22 am

BTW Duofan. I absolutely adore your starry Pinoko avatar :D
Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby putrocca » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:38 pm

Hello, all. Sorry for the long delay - Illness + Otakon + recording CD + Dissertation = no time, but 3 of the 4 are over now so I should be around more. I still have the BJ promo issues and posters for those who want them. Some of you have PMed me already and for those I'll get on it tomorrow - for the rest just PM any time.
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Tetsuwan » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:30 pm

Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby DESERT-SPIRIT » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:58 pm

I placed an order with my local comic shop, but I don't think it went right, lol.
I told him the publisher was Vertical, though he might've thought I said "Vertigo", DC Comic's mature series imprint, as he said "oh sure, we get stuff in from them all the time". :roll: Though I have seen them stock MW, Guin Saga and Aranzi before.
He put my name down in a book along with my phone (I didn't print out the Diamon order form) and said he's ring me when it arrives in the shop.
I have a very bad feeling about this...
DESERT-SPIRIT

Postby putrocca » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:27 pm

I imagine Vertical should do a pretty good job with distribution. Assuming that fails, once the hardcovers come out if anyone has extreme trouble getting a hold of one let me know and I may be able to talk directly to Vertical about it.
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby David » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:40 pm

I would like to buy the hardcover and can't think of a way to get it to order it in Japan. If you would be able to assist I'd be grateful.
David
David

Postby putrocca » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:43 pm

I just talked to one of Vertical's editors about it and, because it's a contract with Diamond, they aren't allowed to directly sell the hardcover themselves, it has to be ordered through a local comic book store. This means, for those who are concerned about being able to get a copy, the only way to do so will be to find someone else who has a comic shop capable of reliably getting it in and asking them to order a second copy of it.

I suggest that anyone who will either (A) need someone willing to do this, or (B) be willing to do this for someone else should post that fact here, so we can create a sort of hardcover ordering buddy system. This will help everyone get the volume without burdening any one person with picking up a zillion copies, make sense? I'm already doing it for several people, so while I am willing to do it for more if no one else can, I'd appreciate others volunteering to help out too.
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby strobe_z » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:03 pm

I've already ordered a second copy for Huscheli, so I'm will to try and get a third copy for David and can ship it to Japan (I might even be able to bring it to Japan depending on my upcoming travel schedule).
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby grapeofdeath » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:40 am

I might be able to get an extra copy for someone, but it's not a guarantee. They have ordered only a few copies and told me that they're now on back order. They will try to hold two for me if no one else requests one.
grapeofdeath

Tezuka reader

PreviousNext

Return to English Language Releases