Astroboy 2003 Series PSN

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Astroboy 2003 Series PSN

Postby Tetsuwan » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:40 am

For those that don't know this week is the E3 in Los Angeles. Each major video gaming hardware company held a press conference earlier this week. During Sony's conference they announced a new video download service for their PS3.

Amazingly when it launched that night it contained, in the anime section, Astroboy. Now, this service is different from Itunes' since the PS3 video's are playable on your PSP. Your PSP takes a video format called MP4.

I'm pretty sure that you will be able to convert the video from the PSP format to any format you want and need to burn to a disk. You just need to get the right video converter. Also, the video is playable right on your PS3, so you can copy the video to a memory card then to your computer.

Now, I'm just giving what I believe to be true about the conversion. Since I remember a lot of people hated the fact they couldn't do anything with their downloaded Itunes' video.

If anyone wants to try this out and prove me theory correct go right ahead. Right now I'm happy that Astroboy was among the first few anime (and TV show) titles to make it on the PS3 network.
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby Mike Toole » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:42 am

I don't have a PS3, but I'd be honestly surprised if there wasn't any DRM at all attached to their videos. How much does each episode cost?

I still get worked up when I see episodes of that series - it was such a neat show, but it was adapted to English so clumsily. What a waste of potential.
Mike Toole

Tezuka reader

Postby Tetsuwan » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:01 pm

Each episode is $1.99, just like Itunes. To my thoery, I was basicaly going on the assumption of the PSP being the most pirated handheld gaming console of this generation. Also the fact that if you downlod a mp3 you can play it on any mp3 player or do anything you want to it (though I guess that doesn't relate at all huh).
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Return to English Language Releases