[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Pluto

Pluto

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Pluto

Postby Jeffbert » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:23 pm

From the 'ahem' other forum, I learned of Viz's intention to release Pluto. Here is the link to the

& here is the
:lol:
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Kuririn » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:47 am

About time! :) Fred mentioned that he would most likely be translating it, in a panel he did in Tokyo last March. I'm definitely looking forward to this.

...it would be great if they published it in the original silver-cover big format, especially with the extras...but unlikely. T_T
Image "Or the moment
when you know it's over and the nothing which you
have to say is falling all around you, lavishly,
pouring its heart out."
-Don McKay
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby Ash » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:35 am

"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby cmoon » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:19 pm

I'd love to see a full review of Pluto. I'd of course enjoy having the opportunity to read it, but to be honest, the manga is piling up pretty deep in my house and I'm trying not to collect so many series.
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby pomocho » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:03 pm

So here's a question from the uninitiated.

If one were to, hypothetically, read this series, which volumes of Astro Boy would you guys suggest this person bone up on? I know the narrative of Pluto revolves around specific story arcs, but I am not familiar enough with the massive amount of US Astro Boy releases to figure it out on my own. Any help would be appreciated.

(Of course, all this is, again, hypothetical. The only manga I really read is Tezuka stuff.... well, that and Tatsumi...)
pomocho

Tezuka reader

Postby Jeffbert » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:11 pm

Volume 3 has Pluto's story in it. :lol: I need to turn on my desktop PC to get the specific data about the stories in each volume; but a few early in the series might give you some background to read before reading greatest robot on earth in volume 3.
Jeffbert

Postby chronocross_xp » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:51 am

chronocross_xp

Tezuka reader

Postby Existential Warrior » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:20 am

Existential Warrior

Tezuka reader

Postby cmoon » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:56 pm

Anyone know how many total volumes this series is? I guess vol. 5 is still forthcoming in the US. Is there more?
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Toby » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:07 pm

As fare as I know there are 8 Volumes in Japan.
Toby

Tezuka reader

Postby Jeffbert » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:09 pm

65 chapters to the story, nearly all are 24 pages, 7 chapters in vol 1, I estimate around 10 vols.
Last edited by Jeffbert on Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeffbert

Postby Toby » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:15 pm

But Volumes 2, 3 and 4 have 8 Chapters, so I think they publish it like japanese.
Toby

Tezuka reader

Postby Jeffbert » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:45 pm

:lol: I would think they would be English translations of the Japanese books, rather than entirely new books put together just for the English readers. 8 volumes certainly cost less than 10! 8)
Jeffbert

Postby the donkey » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:58 pm

does anybody know from witch volume the story arc with pluto in the astro boy manga begins?
the donkey

Tezuka reader

Postby Tomatogal » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:03 am

Tomatogal

Tezuka reader

Next

Return to English Language Releases