[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Black Jack is here!

Black Jack is here!

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Black Jack is here!

Postby strobe_z » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:19 am

Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Re: Black Jack is here!

Postby Ash » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:12 am

"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby Kuririn » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:02 am

Image "Or the moment
when you know it's over and the nothing which you
have to say is falling all around you, lavishly,
pouring its heart out."
-Don McKay
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby grapeofdeath » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:56 pm

grapeofdeath

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:56 am

Bwahahaha! Victory is mine!

I got my copy of the Black Jack Hardcover today as well... to my knowledge, the only one in town. Once again I'm quite impressed with the sheer craftmanship that Vertical puts into these things. The only small nitpick I have is that "The Two Jans" isn't listed in the table of contents... but really that's a bit of a stretch.

At first I was slightly disappointed that there wasn't a dust jacket, but much like the Buddha hardcovers, it doesn't really need it.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get my hands on any more copies (and I called every comic store in town), but I still have faith that I will. Amazingly the store I thought was a total wash was the one that came through for me. I talked to the other store and they just didn't receive their shipment. Apparently they ordered several copies, so chances are good that I might be able to get my hands on another couple of copies yet. So far I think Huscheli and David and first in line for any extra copies I get, but I'll keep my eyes open.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby grapeofdeath » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:58 am

I ordered from two places, just incase one flaked out, so if I get one from Milehigh Comics in the next week or so, I can give it to someone who couldn't get one.
grapeofdeath

Tezuka reader

Postby Jeffbert » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:03 pm

I just finished my copy, & when comparing its contents to the list, I find it is only a selection of those, & has several stories that do not seem to be on that list. I know there were more than a few collections, & perhaps this was a "best of" collection? :wink:

edit: arg! I just realized that my own copy of the list only goes to the 100th story!!
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Huscheli » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Kuririn » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:46 am

Image "Or the moment
when you know it's over and the nothing which you
have to say is falling all around you, lavishly,
pouring its heart out."
-Don McKay
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby Princess Sapphire » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:36 pm

Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Huscheli » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:24 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Jeffbert » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:18 pm

Hmm, I just now learned of the hard cover editions!

I wish I had known earlier. If only 1500 copies are printed, how can this serrer have 999 of them?

I am willing to buy a few for forum friends but international shipping will be a bit expensive.
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby grapeofdeath » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:08 am

@Huscheli

Mile High Comics just told me they are in fact sending me a second copy, so I can send it to you once it arrives. Go ahead and PM me if you're still interested.
grapeofdeath

Tezuka reader

Postby Princess Sapphire » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:20 am

I have the first of my Hard Cover's to pick up now. I believe there are only three of them if I remember correctly?
Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby BJ4ever » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:22 am

BJ4ever

Tezuka reader

Next

Return to English Language Releases