[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Black Jack is here!

Black Jack is here!

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby strobe_z » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:32 pm

Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby putrocca » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:50 pm

- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Huscheli » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:22 am

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Deda » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:53 am

Deda

Tezuka Nut

Postby grapeofdeath » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:27 pm

I went to go pick up the hardcover today, but my local comic book seller told me Vertical hasn't been doing well and as far as they know the item has been delayed and they don't know when it will be released. Does anyone else know anything more about this?

Edit: Two weeks ago this site had the original release date, about a week ago it had it as November 25 and now it says December 3:
http://heavyink.com/graphic_novel/12431 ... k-Px-Vol-2

Perhaps this is when it will come out? I'll still call my comic shop every Wednesday in hopes that it has arrived.
(Don't pay attention to the third books release date on the above site. It always seems to copy the volume before until it's about to be released.)
grapeofdeath

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:05 pm

I also went to the comic store yesterday to see if it way out. As I remember it was supposed to be out LAST week.. but again nothing this week either.

I haven't heard anything about Vertical not doing well though - and I already have my SC copy of Black Jack vol. 2 from Chapters.ca... so it can't be THAT far away for the HC. It's possible that there's some issue with printing the HC books, or perhaps there's a snag with the fact that the distribution must go through Diamond... who knows.

I'm just glad to hear that I'm not the only one who's been hunting for a copy.

These hardcovers seem to be one of those books that might be hard to get because of a combination of small print run and not really THAT many people interested in it (compared to some other manga).

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby grapeofdeath » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:17 am

grapeofdeath

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:21 pm

Well I just got my Hardcover Vol 01, so I have no problems with the 2 needing a bit longer to get released, as Vol 01 already cost me like 36$ with shipping XD'' I will buy both 3 and 2 together next time... There are only 3 planned of the Hardcover, no?
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby grapeofdeath » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:05 am

The hardcover version of volume 2 is out today. Same as last time, the extra chapter isn't included in the table of contents, but that's not a big deal. It also includes the first eight pages of "Two Dark Doctors" as a preview of the next volume.
grapeofdeath

Tezuka reader

Postby dwillems » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:45 pm

Cool. Yeah I got an email yesterday saying my copy has been shipped. I have to say the cover design on both the softcovers and the paperbacks have been amazing.
dwillems

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:54 pm

I picked up my copy yesterday (Yay! Terry and the Pirates v1, Black Jack HC v2 and One Pound Gospel v4! What to read first?!)

As always, it's a great volume. Vertical's presentation always makes me happy just to hold the book in my hands for a while before I crack it open. I wonder if there's any hope of Vertical extending the HC line past the initial three volumes...?

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Tetsuwan » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:50 pm

I just received my copy of the Vol 2 HC yesterday from SciFi Genre. In the extra story "The One That Remains" it says that Kiriko's actual debut is in "A Tale of Two Doctors".
Does that mean this story was created before "A Tale of Two Doctors"?
Or are they just referring to their release where they're not including "The One that Remains" in the paperback, so his actual appearance would be in the next volume (since this story isn't in the paperback)?
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby grapeofdeath » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:50 pm

I'm not sure if that's the first chapter he was in. I know it was the first one he shows up in the the Akita Bunko version which the English version is based off of. I know the Two Dark Doctors was published before The One That Remains. The former is chapter number 56 and the latter is chapter number 128. I'll check to see if 56 is the first chapter he's ever in.
grapeofdeath

Tezuka reader

Postby grapeofdeath » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:08 pm

I looked through the first 3 volumes of the Black Jack Shinsouban collection, which puts all the Black Jack chapters in the order they were originally published, and Kiriko's first published appearance was in chapter 46, Terror Germ. This chapter won't appear until volume 6 of the english version.
grapeofdeath

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:41 am

strobe_z

Webmaster

Previous

Return to English Language Releases