[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Swallowing the Earth in at Akadot Retail

Swallowing the Earth in at Akadot Retail

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby DMPPlatinum » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:37 am

I think it's too early to tell yet whether sales of Swallowing the Earth will be encouraging enough to prompt DMP to consider publishing more Tezuka. Obviously, if we're forced to go back to press, etc., that would be a good sign. I know that our CEO, Hikaru Sasahara, is a major Tezuka fan from his childhood days, and a lot of people in our office are big fans, too. So the willingness is there, if nothing else.

We really appreciated Fred Schodt agreeing to write a foreword for us. His context about the period the story was originally published in is indispensable, I think. Hopefully, Fred likes the copy I sent him!
DMPPlatinum

Postby ben » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:32 pm

available on amazon as of today 11/17/09
ben

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:38 pm

Uhhh Goody! Sadly, so close to christmas, I don't have much money now to spend for me XD But if it's still there in January, yay for me.
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Re: Swallowing the Earth in at Akadot Retail

Postby ick » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:34 pm

About the new reprint, it will be a "normal" reprint or it will be limited to backers only?
ick

Postby strobe_z » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:01 am

Hi ick... my understanding (and I'm pretty confident of it) is that Swallowing the Earth is now considered back in print everywhere. That means it'll be on Amazon soon (if not already). The Kickstarter program was such a huge success it effectively replenished the entire backstock at DMP.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby ick » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:55 am

Yeah, I see.
Now the problem is that I'm Italian and the best choice for me it's to buy from UK retailer. Currently neither on amazon.co.uk nor on bookdepisotory (the two well-known and affidable and reliable around) Swallowing the Earth is available. I've contacted DMP directly and they have suggested me to try "http://www.up1.co.uk" where indeed it's available but they never reply to my mail about shipping to Italy : (
What do you suggest? To wait for the title to be available on amazon or boodepository? Do you know a UK retailer (or, at least, UE based) that sells it?

EDIT: Forget it!
Ordered from up1.co.uk, 17£ (shipping to Italy included). Great : D
ick

Postby strobe_z » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Hope you enjoy reading Swallowing the Earth.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Previous

Return to English Language Releases