[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Vertical to license Princess Knight

Vertical to license Princess Knight

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Vertical to license Princess Knight

Postby Dr. Jerk » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:14 am

According to this news article, Vertical (who licensed Black Jack, MW, Ayako, among others.) will soon bring Princess Knight locally. They will be releasing P.K. as two volumes, the first in October and the second in December. Long, long wait.

The last time we got Princess Knight here was when Viz serialized one chapter in their Shoujo magazine, which was all they ever put out. There was also bilingual (English & Japanese) Princess Knight volumes released by Kodansa, but those had to be imported and are now out of print.

While I'm not too big on shoujo or Princess Knight, I'm nonetheless glad that another classic Tezuka series will soon be available, again, and also surprised. I'm also glad it's something intended for younger audiences that Vertical is releasing, for once.

Discuss.
Dr. Jerk

Tezuka Nut

Postby Jikorijo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:01 pm

For the past few days, I've gotten an interest in shojo, so I'm happy I'll get to read something that impacted the genre so much. I'm actually also planning to watch the Rose of Versailles anime sometime in the future for more schooling in shojo.

I've heard that Princess Knight is supposed to be a lot of fun, so I'm happy for it. Now that Vertical snagged Princess Knight, maybe they can re-release Adolf in the future...
Jikorijo

Tezuka reader

Postby Dr. Jerk » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:34 pm

The difference between PK and Adolf, and BJ, is that PK was only ever serialized once by Viz, not published in graphic novel form.
Dr. Jerk

Tezuka Nut

Postby Jikorijo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:10 pm

That's true...still I want my Adolf! :lol: Though, that isn't to say I'm not happy about Vertcial bringing out Princess Knight and other Tezuka works.

EDIT: Thanks for the link, Hige Oyaji. :wink:
Last edited by Jikorijo on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jikorijo

Tezuka reader

Postby Inazawa » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:10 pm

I am really happy with Vertical's choice. Even if you aren't excited about Princess Knight the news is a great indication that Vertical might continue to release Tezuka even after they publish all the more serious Tezuka series.

Is there any word on Midnight? Or was that just speculation? It seems like it would be a logical choice after the end of Black Jack..
Inazawa

Tezuka reader

Postby Hige Oyaji » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:00 pm

Im selfishly disappointed because I got the Japanese bilingual Princess Knight and wanted something new. As for Adolph, it can be found in some booksellers. Have you tried ABE? http://www.abebooks.com
Hige Oyaji

Tezuka reader

Postby Xenops » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:17 am

It sounds like the Human Metamorphoses is coming out this summer, so there is something different at least.

but yes, I hope they publish Vampires and Midnight in English. The mainsite says it only takes a year of study in a foreign language to read a Tezuka comic and be able to understand, but I suspect that that is not the case with Japanese, considering all the Kanji and what not.
Xenops

Tezuka Nut

Postby F-Man » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:45 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Dr. Jerk » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:27 am

Dr. Jerk

Tezuka Nut

Postby strobe_z » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:30 pm

Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby strobe_z » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:33 pm

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Xenops » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:53 am

Xenops

Tezuka Nut

Postby Hige Oyaji » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:08 pm

Are the 2 Princess Knight series so different, that I would want to read both?
Hige Oyaji

Tezuka reader

Postby Dr. Jerk » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:34 pm

Dr. Jerk

Tezuka Nut

Postby strobe_z » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:49 am

strobe_z

Webmaster

Return to English Language Releases