[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Black Jack Vol 16 and 17 HC

Black Jack Vol 16 and 17 HC

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Black Jack Vol 16 and 17 HC

Postby agentghost » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:17 pm

I heard some rumor about Vol. 16 and/or 17 being a special release with Hard cover (like how vol.1, 2 and 3)

Have you guys heard anything from Vertical? :D
agentghost

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:34 am

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Sevi » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:06 am

"I'm not in at the moment. If you are in need of medical attention, please leave your name, telephone number, nature of your complaint, seriousness of your condition, and how much you can afford to pay me. I'll get back to you later."
Sevi

Tezuka Nut

Postby Xenops » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:40 pm

Xenops

Tezuka Nut

Postby Huscheli » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby the donkey » Sun May 08, 2011 3:49 pm

the donkey

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Mon May 16, 2011 9:00 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby the donkey » Tue May 17, 2011 2:07 pm

the donkey

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Tue May 17, 2011 3:44 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Re: Black Jack Vol 16 and 17 HC

Postby Toby » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:17 pm

Today I received No. 16 so I realized that the final volume is ahead.
Does anyone know if vertical will do something special with the last one?
I think they would already announced that but I'm not sure.
Toby

Tezuka reader

Postby Princess Sapphire » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:35 pm

I would buy all my Tezuka manga in Hardcover let alone Black Jack if they were available. They last so much better. Almost guaranteed forever if you look after them well.
Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby David » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:04 pm

Vertical says it will not be a hardcover but says there will be "extras". I assume at this point that the extras will not be "banned" stories, but something like essays or illustrations. You can also see the cover;
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 6755_n.jpg
David

Tezuka reader

Postby Sevi » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:31 pm

One of our members from the Black Jack Livejournal community already posted about this a couple of weeks ago (Vertial had a table in the dealer's room at the Anime Weekend Atlanta).

Black Jack Vol. 17 will have less stories in it, but will include some essays about the publication of the strips, with a guide showing the order in which the stories were originally published, since the order is not reflected in the way they are published and bound (the order was suggested/imposed by the Japanese rights holder).

I think, that this is going to be highly interesting (and something to look forward to as well)! Oh, am I the only person who thinks, that the cover for Black Jack Vol. 17 looks kind of ? :D
"I'm not in at the moment. If you are in need of medical attention, please leave your name, telephone number, nature of your complaint, seriousness of your condition, and how much you can afford to pay me. I'll get back to you later."
Sevi

Tezuka Nut

Postby Jeffbert » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:18 am

Nothing to do with HC, but my vol 16 arrived today. I have yet to begin reading it, though.
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Return to English Language Releases