[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - What's new Vertical?!

What's new Vertical?!

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

What's new Vertical?!

Postby David » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:11 pm

Apparently, by weekend's end, Vertical will announce their new Tezuka works for next year at New York Comic-Con. Very excited. BJ is wrapping up. I assume there will be at least two more thick volumes of something but if they did as many books as this year, we will really be up for delight. Any guesses or hopes?
David

Tezuka reader

Re: What's new Vertical?!

Postby strobe_z » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:55 pm

I hope for either Jungle Emperor because I know it's on their radar. My other hope is for Alabaster, because it fits so well with the rest of their catalog.

Both of those are pure guess. No idea, but can't wait to find out.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby strobe_z » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:56 am

Surprise surprise!
According to the , Vertical Inc. announced at the New York Comic Con panel that the new Tezuka license will be Message to Adolf (Adolf Ni Tusgu).

A bit of a surprise... slightly disappointing for those of use who already own the series, but Adolf is so good I can't wait to see it get the "Vertical treatment".

Still... Alabaster would've been nice...
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby David » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:59 am

oh, no! What's wrong with the one we got?!

Seriously, isn't it a bad business decision to offer up something a huge number of Tezuka fans already have? I have the bilingual Princess Knight books from Japan, but that I could understand because it being hard for many fans to have gotten. Those Viz hardcovers are printed so well too.
David

Tezuka reader

Postby David » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:43 am

I didn't mean to slight Adolf. It is a superior work. I've read it fully at least twice. A fantastic, daring, journey rooted in history - - but takes a number of flying leaps along the way. Also, it is interesting to see more than a number of hyoutantsugi appearances, even in something with these serious tones. I'm just surprised is all, but maybe the 10 plus years since publication does equal scarcity. And I'm selfishly disappointed as there will be nothing new (for me) for some times, it seems.
David

Tezuka reader

Postby LikeThePhoenix » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:51 am

I was Hoping for Jungle Emperor (but perhaps now isn't the best time for it with the lion kind 3d release). But I have such a love-hate relationship with Adolf (its leaning more towards love at the moment) It’s a great story. Now that makes it easy to recommend it. And I just finished my job recommending graphic novels for the school library. Overall I'm happy.
Like the Phoenix I rise, From the ashes of life-Stratovarius
I am Looking for Phoenix Volume 4 (Karma), If you know to obtain it. Please contact me. Thank you so much.
LikeThePhoenix

Postby Tetsuwan Atomu » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:50 am

Dammn i already have it i'm to selfish to be happy about it
i just decided for my self i don't mind translating French manga so i already got 10 French Tezuka manga but can someone help me decide if i should buy Verical's rerelase of Dororo and this edition of Adolf because i want to suport them to bring out more Tezuka but i already have them so what am i supose to do ?
Tetsuwan Atomu

Tezuka reader

Postby David » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:57 am

I'm sure it would have been mentioned if anything were known, but I wonder if there have been any thoughts or rumors of new books from previous publishers of OT; Digital Manga Publishing, Dark Horse, Viz, Another publisher, Drawn and Quarterly, has done high quality manga - would be no stretch for them to come over.
David

Tezuka reader

Return to English Language Releases