[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Why is Phoenix Volume 10 so expensive?

Why is Phoenix Volume 10 so expensive?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Why is Phoenix Volume 10 so expensive?

Postby LonLonMarin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:15 am

I'm missing volume 10 and 11 of my Phoenix collection and while searching on the web I found volume 11 was maybe a max of $30 while volume 10 was selling for exuberant prices! It's almost $70 on eBay, and I've seen it for $100 elsewhere and the highest I saw it sell for was $357! It's the same amount of pages as volume 11 and I know the series is out of print, but can anyone explain to me why volume 10 is so much more expensive than the others volumes?
LonLonMarin

Re: Why is Phoenix Volume 10 so expensive?

Postby Tetsuwan Atomu » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:36 pm

Well first off all it's out of print it's getting harder and hardder to find Viz doesn't care about a few tezuka fans wining for it take most Tokyopop volumes for example they aren't even listed anymore on Amazon.

Volume 10 is just the one going down first i got it also not in 100 % perfect condition.
If you really want IN ENGLISH you should pay those ridicilous prizes like i did or wait for Vertical (or DMP) to release it i heard Vertical wants it badly to promote it as another Buddha but VIZ still has the rights so that has to expire first.
Other than that get some language lessons in French,Spanish,Italian or something like that there is still so much more Tezuka for those territories anyway.
Hope this will get you somewhere.
Tetsuwan Atomu

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:52 pm

I suspect it just varies at any specific time which volume is out of print that the most people need. For a while there, vol. 7 was incredibly hard and vol. 8 was pretty easy. Viz DOES periodically re-print volumes with little to no fanfare, so I was caught once buying up a couple of copies of vol. 7 intending to help them find good homes online just as they became easy to order on Amazon and what-not. Took me a while to get rid of them and recoup my costs.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby LonLonMarin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:11 am

Well, the weird thing is I can find both volume 10 and 11 on Amazon in new and used condition, but volume 11 is so much cheaper.
LonLonMarin

Postby F-Man » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:05 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Return to English Language Releases