[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Anime Sols

Anime Sols

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Re: Anime Sols

Postby Marc » Tue May 07, 2013 5:01 am

Marc

Tezuka reader

Postby Traveller » Tue May 07, 2013 5:06 am

Me too. As long as F-Man or some others are cool to help out with pledging and shipping.
Traveller

Tezuka reader

Postby Tetsuwan Atomu » Tue May 07, 2013 7:01 am

It's really the TV series that's 61episodes long now we just need some Mushi stuff at it and then we will be able to get everything !!!!!
Tetsuwan Atomu

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Tue May 14, 2013 2:08 am

IT'S UP!

http://www.animesols.com/

Let's go and pledge on all the Tezuka!!! :)
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Traveller » Tue May 14, 2013 5:08 am

I'm going to check out the site soon. I hope we can get most of the Tezuka stuff pledged!
Traveller

Tezuka reader

Postby Jeffbert » Thu May 16, 2013 3:58 pm

I made 1 modest pledge for Bandar book.
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Traveller » Thu May 23, 2013 2:15 pm

I'm kinda surprised the Tezuka stuff hasn't received higher amounts yet. Look how quick The Crater was funded, I hope it starts ramping up soon!
Traveller

Tezuka reader

Postby Marc » Thu May 23, 2013 3:20 pm

Marc

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Thu May 23, 2013 4:08 pm

Here's a banner everyone can put in their signatures for every forum they go to:

The URL is “http://kuroohazama.de/fman/animesolssig.png”, you should use that if you want the percentages to stay updated (I’ll take care of it).

There’s also a bigger image on the Tezuka In English front page you can use anywhere as well. The URL is “http://tezukainenglish.com/bm/bm.pix/animesolstie.png".
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Whitelion » Sat May 25, 2013 4:57 pm

We need more pledges! D:
I am really surprised how little money has been put in considering how quickly Trition and Unico were funded on Kickstarter.
Whitelion

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Sat May 25, 2013 5:06 pm

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Anime Sols is taking a survey - let them know what you want

Postby AprilSeven » Mon May 27, 2013 7:12 pm

I did create a separate thread for this under Astro Boy, but it certainly warrants a repeat right here!

I think they are having this survey to address the soft response to their offerings so far. I haven't contributed because I don't have the extra money (I would if it were Astro Boy, though).

Maybe they would have been better to actually do this through Kickstarter? Anyway . . . they are looking for feedback: YAAY!!

http://www.animesols.com/news

Okay, everyone - HERE'S OUR CHANCE to ask for what we want - and it doesn't cost anything but a few minutes of our time.

Best of all at the end you can leave a nice long message - I suggest we ALL do the following

1. Let them know you are a member of tezukainenglish.com

2. Ask SPECIFICALLY for what you would like them to produce.

3. Suggest they visit our site, as it is an excellent resource for ALL of Tezuka's creations
AprilSeven

Tezuka reader

Postby Marc » Tue May 28, 2013 1:51 am

I also suggest adding a suggestion to try and open up their services to more regions. There are TONS of Tezuka fans abroad (probably more than in the US/Canada) and closing off that market, even unintentionally, is a bad idea. The Kansai Club seemed to have a bunch of international supporters, and I'd expect at least a few of those people to also support DVD releases through Anime Sols if they could. (And I know that some folks here are offering to act as middlemen for international supporters--the problem is that not all potential supporters would know about it immediately unless they were looking/asking.)

Also, they should probably allow arbitrary amounts to be donated--that way people can donate as much or as little as they want/can, since every cent helps.
Marc

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Wed May 29, 2013 7:28 pm

I know next to nothing about it, but I suspect that there's a much more difficult hill to climb in terms of licensing DVD's internationally than print books. Tezuka Pro probably treats all English language licenses as the same for the manga (unlike Disney where there are separate rights in North America/UK), but DVDs themselves are region-specific. I'm pretty sure that there is some sort of enforcement of that.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Whitelion » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:52 pm

As much as it pains me to say this I think this first batch of Tezuka dvd's will fail. :c Maybe they'll move some of the set's to kickstarter, who knows. I've done all I can to support it at the moment though. :/
Whitelion

Tezuka reader

PreviousNext

Return to English Language Releases