[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Anime Sols

Anime Sols

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Re: Anime Sols

Postby F-Man » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:39 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby strobe_z » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:05 pm

So, I can't watch the episodes either, but if the pledge is successful, then what? How long are the episodes online for? Is it free for everyone, even those who didn't pledge?

Dororo DVDs on Kickstarter just seems SO much simpler... Anime Sols as a concept sounds good, but they seem to want to do it "their way" for no particularly good reason I can see.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby F-Man » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:39 pm

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby strobe_z » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:17 pm

I live in Korea now. I heard Anime Sols has a 2-3 year existence as a company unless it gets renewed... That makes me even more nervous about how long the shows will be online.

I think it's a good project, but I wish the platform was more stable/well known.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby medama_oyaji » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:49 pm

Yeah, it's hard not to compare it to the Tezuka comics Kickstarters that have all been super successful. I think part of it may also be the difference in audiences between the English-speaking comics community and anime community.

And Sam did say on the ANN forums that the streaming would be available for even those who did not pledge.
medama_oyaji

Postby F-Man » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:48 pm

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby medama_oyaji » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:42 am

Guhhh, that is exciting but... I don't think I have it in me to push for those as well. I've already been hitting Dororo pretty hard in social media, and I think I've got a few people interested, but then to have to be like, "Oh hey! Here are 3 or 4 other series I think are cool as well! They also need your help!!" seems excessive. So that's a total of 9 series, plus the other DVD campaign? I think that is too much.

Real mixed feelings between being excited to see some of this stuff, but already feeling disappointed that I won't see more than 3 episodes of most of them.
medama_oyaji

Postby F-Man » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:55 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby medama_oyaji » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 am

I love seeing Journey to the West adaptations, so I'm curious about Goku no Daiboken. I've seen the opening on YouTube, and it looks great.
medama_oyaji

Postby F-Man » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:40 am

Ugh seriously if anyone out there isn't donating to the Dororo stream because you think “oh I’ll let other people do it” then consider that it isn’t getting any money for days now, and the rate of $0 per day equals never gonna get funded.

I’m so disappointed, it went so well at first too. One third funded via only 30 people. Why did it stop?

Yeah it sucks that it’s not DVD but you know the DVD can come later (it is the most popular old series on the site right now) but this needs to happen first and not supporting Anime Sols could make the site just disappear someday. It’s not worth it to be so stingy. Everyone should be making it their duty to support this.

EDIT: it's been going a fair bit faster since I've said that, but that was also around the time I started tripling my efforts. Still not fast enough! I'm afraid it's going to stop dead again.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Previous

Return to English Language Releases