[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Unico's Manga

Unico's Manga

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Unico's Manga

Postby GlacialLeaf » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:28 am

Seeing as this was announced quite some time ago, about 6 months ago, I find it weird that no one put it here... At least, I didn't see this here after looking for it as thoroughly as I can...
Anyway, as you can see in this place: The Unico manga was put on Kickstarter and was successfully funded to be translated to English and released by Digital Manga during last June-July.
There was also an article on AnimeNewsNetwork that Digital Manga puts some of its localization projects on hiatus, and lists the release dates of its manga: Unico is indeed listed in this article to be released in English during this year's March.
I looked to see if it was already posted here, and found nothing of it. If I missed something, please give me the link for the first post. ^ ^"
GlacialLeaf

Re: Unico's Manga

Postby F-Man » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:06 pm

I contributed to the Kickstarter! I'll get a nice poster and t-shirt out of it.

Already read Unico in French before, but I'm glad I'll have it in color now.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Marc » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:35 pm

I see that the Kickstarter will also release Astro Cat and Triton in English. Will those be released exclusively for people who contributed to the Kickstarter, or will I be able to get them some other way?
Marc

Tezuka reader

Postby GlacialLeaf » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:15 am

Everything project that is put on Kickstarter is supposed to be released to the public, in case of success. The bonuses, though... they're only available to the ones who donate, depending on how much each one donates. (It's explained at the right side of each project's page, and it's different for each project) They probably will not be available to the general public, and only those who donated for the project.
If you're talking about a project by itself, then in case of a success in funding, then yes. You will probably be able to buy it after it gets released, if it gets released. (It's supposed to) If its funding wasn't a success... well, there is a chance it will eventually come out, but you shouldn't count on it.
If its a bonus... well, it might be something that's available to buy in a different form or version, so you can try and look it up, but most bonuses are donators-exclusive. Otherwise, people wouldn't care much for the bonuses.
Hope that answers your question.
GlacialLeaf

Postby F-Man » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:46 am

Simple answer would be yes, they will be available in stores and you can already preorder Atomcat from Amazon!
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Marc » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:24 pm

Thanks, both of you! I'm glad Atomcat is already available for preorder--I've always wanted a physical copy because the character is just so gosh darn cute. :D
Marc

Tezuka reader

Return to English Language Releases