[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Tezuka you'd like to see translated

Tezuka you'd like to see translated

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Nick Macleod » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:19 am

Nick Macleod

Postby Space Sheriff Gavan » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:49 pm

Space Sheriff Gavan

Tezuka reader

Postby Amrith » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Amrith

Tezuka Expert

Postby Tetsuwan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:53 am

Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby Tetsuwan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:58 am

Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby putrocca » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:35 pm

- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Princess Sapphire » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:10 pm

Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Manetoys » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:15 pm

I'd like to see Princess Knight. A japanese version of the new Astro Boy would be nice too.
Manetoys

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Kuririn » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:10 am

Image "Or the moment
when you know it's over and the nothing which you
have to say is falling all around you, lavishly,
pouring its heart out."
-Don McKay
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby Mike Toole » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:38 am

I want to see the rest of Tezuka's late-70s/early 80s telefilms. Marine Express is a big favorite of mine, and Bagi was interesting to watch, albeit awfully weird. But I want to see Fumoon, and Bremen Four, Bandar Book, the 3-Eyed One movie, Primrose, etc.

Oh, and obviously good releases of Princess Knight (TV) and Amazing Three. I've got off-air episodes of Amazing Three and the Choppy & the Princess UK DVDs, but the quality is sketchy on those...
Mike Toole

Tezuka reader

Postby HavocT » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:19 am

I'd give anything for a Bagi release with English voices. I bought the Japanese dvd of it and got someone to translate it for me in a sub file a long time ago. It's what got me interested in Tezuka's stuff. The Phoenix series was great, definitely deserves some English version as well.

It amazes me how most of his work hasn't been brought to America. It's taking them too long, that's for sure.
HavocT

Postby Jeffbert » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Welcome to the forums, HavocT! I think we all agree that there are too few of Tezuka's works translated into English.
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Manetoys » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Manetoys

Tezuka Veteran

Postby sailor kitty » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:05 pm

Well, the 2003 Astro Boy WAS released in Sweden, where I live..

Probably because of the increase in weaboos, so the translators(That seem to consider their fanbase as ten-year-olds who'll buy anything with Japan on it) get the cheapest and easiest version to translate.

It's still very, very, good, though, in my opinion, and I could scanlate it, if there is enough demand.
sailor kitty

Tezuka reader

Postby the donkey » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:03 am

Midnight and The 3 Eyed One/The Third Eye,

Midnight is a bit like Black Jack, but now it's about a cab driver. not somthing special, but just a simple but very good serie.
The 3 Eyed One, as far as I know it's one of his most populair works, so I don't realy understand why it isn't publised in english, well hope so in the futer.
the donkey

Tezuka reader

PreviousNext

Return to English Language Releases