Why has Phoenix not been reprinted?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Why has Phoenix not been reprinted?

Postby Whitelion » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:25 am

Just putting this out there, why is Viz so crazy with their reprintings? I mean, Dawn goes from 100-500 dollars while Future goes for 10 bucks! Why has Viz not released the whole manga on one big boxset? :S Does anyone know when or if Viz while reprint Phoenix? Thanks.
Whitelion

Tezuka reader

Re: Why has Phoenix not been reprinted?

Postby Marc » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:03 am

It seems to be because older series are harder to sell. :/ Sad as hell, but the goal of any company is to get a profit. When something isn't profitable anymore, they stop producing it until it is.

Lately though it seems like there's this interest in "retro" manga growing--the Mysterious Underground Men is going to be released, plus there's a line of shirts being produced by Lacoste that feature Tezuka's art and characters. It's becoming fashionable to like the older stuff. IF interest continues to grow, they MIGHT reprint it.
Marc

Tezuka reader

Postby Whitelion » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:44 pm

:/ Yeah, your right, but why is it they make Dawn so hard to find while most of the others are easy to find? I've heard about those shirts, I'm looking to buy them once they start selling them. I hope Viz see's how Tezuka's coming more popular and reprint.
Whitelion

Tezuka reader

Postby Marc » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:29 pm

I think it's because it's the first volume, so it has more "collector's value" than the second, third, etc. People must've bought them all up as soon as they heard that Phoenix was going OOP, or there were just fewer volumes available in the first place for some reason. :/
Marc

Tezuka reader

Return to English Language Releases