[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - New Publisher "The Kansai Club" to release The Crater

New Publisher "The Kansai Club" to release The Crater

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

New Publisher "The Kansai Club" to release The Crater

Postby Marc » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:20 pm

According to their website it will be a single edition limited to 2000 copies, and all 18 stories will be published in one book. It will be 7 x 10 inches, hardcover, and include three art prints inspired by stories from The Crater. The price is estimated to be $34.95.

Kansai Club has also said that it will only be available for purchase through their Kickstarter campaign, and any copies that are not sold there will be sold at Florida Supercon. The official release date is July 5, 2013, according to their .

It seems that recently a lot of Tezuka's manga is being published via Kickstarter. First we had Unico, and along with that came Astro Cat and Triton of the Sea. Now Kansai Club is planning to release The Crater. It's certainly a safe bet, since Tezuka has the prestige and a dedicated fanbase that's willing to fund these projects.

I'm considering purchasing a copy, since the release is so limited and since The Crater is one of my favorite series by Tezuka. The quality of the book certainly sounds fantastic as well, so I think the price is worth it.

What do you folks think?
Marc

Tezuka reader

Re: New Publisher "The Kansai Club" to release The Crater

Postby Tetsuwan Atomu » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:50 pm

I'm so hyped for this i already have the Frech version but I WANT THIS !!! here's my money in your face !!! finally someone understands that this work has to be published in English that Vertical din't understand this all these years :shock: just hope they will ship there kickstarter things out of NA if not then i'm gonna kill them :evil: just hope i can really on some to get it for me in the worst senario.
Tetsuwan Atomu

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:30 pm

Does anyone know anything at all about Kansai Club? Have they ever actually published something before? I have to admit, DMP doing a Kickstarter seems a lot safer than a no-name (at least to me) entity.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Marc » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:24 pm

Marc

Tezuka reader

Postby Traveller » Sat May 18, 2013 6:24 am

This KS is live! They have already made more than their goal!
Traveller

Tezuka reader

Postby Marc » Sat May 18, 2013 1:14 pm

I'm so happy that they met their goal! I wonder if there'll be any stretch goals since they've already almost doubled it.
Marc

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Sat May 18, 2013 2:37 pm

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Marc » Sat May 18, 2013 11:31 pm

Ah, thanks for that clarification! Makes sense now.
Marc

Tezuka reader

Postby Pureboy » Tue May 21, 2013 3:33 pm

Thanks for the heads-up. Backed at the book level. Also you never know if they will release a non-limited edition afterwards if the demand warrants it (though it probably won't).
Pureboy

Postby Marc » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:55 pm

: This release of the Crater will also include an 18th short story by Tezuka, Jamubo (Jumbo), that was a one-shot from 1974. Apparently in it Tezuka used what is now considered offensive imagery to make a point against discrimination and racism, but despite the overall message of the story, it still likely would have never been published in English.
Marc

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:43 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby phap » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:43 am

Yes, in "Histoires pour tous" tome 14.
And can anyone tell me in the french version of "Le cratère" what is the japanese or english title and the year of publication of the last two stories (which I think are not japanese crateres stories) "Les enfants de la mer" and "Le gardien du lac"? I don't find them in the bibliographie of Tezuka...
phap

Tezuka reader

Postby mageos » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:24 pm

I am also one of the few who managed to pick this up as well. I'm sure this overwhelming success will ensure that The Kansai Club will continue publishing/licensing books.

What I found most interesting, actually, is how one of the two co-founders hinted, in the video, at getting some of the more darker Tezuka works. He name dropped Alabaster and A Clockwork Apple (as well as some other classic manga authors too) and I'm very excited to see what they will get the rights to next. Vertical (and to a lesser extent DMP Platinum) have got their plates full already, so it's nice to know that another publishing company will pick up the works that were not picked up by the aforementioned companies. Who knows? I for one hope someone picks up Rainbow Parakeet.
mageos

Postby strobe_z » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:57 pm

Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby phap » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Thank you!
phap

Tezuka reader