W3 kICKSTARTER Campaign

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

W3 kICKSTARTER Campaign

Postby Jeffbert » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:21 am

I have just upgraded my support to a deal that will send me all Digital Manga's currently available (about 16 titles) Tezuka offerings in digital format. The campaign ends at month's end, & is at nearly halfway to the goal. Anyone else here supporting it?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/di ... ator-of-a/
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Re: W3 kICKSTARTER Campaign

Postby Jeffbert » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:56 pm

At this point, it appears this project is doomed to fail. :cry: It still lacks $20K & has a mere 6 days to go.
Last edited by Jeffbert on Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeffbert

Postby Whitelion » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:50 pm

I could only afford to donate $70, I want to have them all in print...I'm shocked that I Tezuka title I figured was pretty popular is most likely going to fail. :( It's worrying me about the future of new Tezuka titles in English.
Whitelion

Tezuka reader

Postby Marc » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:33 am

I think trying to do a three volume series all in hardcover was a little much. I wanted hardcovers, but it might've been more feasible to do a shorter, one-volume series in hardcover instead. This also makes me concerned about future campaigns for longer series, like The Three-Eyed One or Rainbow Parakeet.
Marc

Tezuka reader

Postby Jeffbert » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:44 pm

There has been a flurry of activity lately, and as of now, over $33K has been pledged; though it seems very unlikely that another $12.3K will come in the next 26 hours. Currently, 370 backers.
Jeffbert

Postby Tetsuwan Atomu » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:45 pm

Nothing ... this was really one of the titles .... well since it did not make it this will mean they are not even gonna try more then 2 volumes in a project for a really long time which will be a pain for the ones that are really long.
This one could have been worked around with if they only did 2 with a strech goal to get the last one over with and keep that one for a next time i can see why they are kinda hesitant to do that but whatever works right ?
Now i think about it Triton is still the longest Tezuka thing DMP has done so far which actually was 4 Japanese volumes long !!! but was done on the cheap from what i got W3 is actually only Ayako size which could even have been put in one giant volume don't know why DMP seems to obssed with making everything the same as the Japanese releases recently maybe Tezuka pro has an hand in that but alot of manga is actually coming out in the larger volumes.
the sad truth though i see so much stuff coming out in english through regular channels i really don't care about ... :cry:
Tetsuwan Atomu

Tezuka reader

Postby Jeffbert » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:19 am

It might just have been a bad time to do this; As I understand it, here in the USA over 1,000,000,000 is spent on costumes & candy at this time of year. People may already be saving for Xmas gifts, also.
Jeffbert

Return to English Language Releases