[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Tezuka`s Work Rotoscoping

Tezuka`s Work Rotoscoping

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Tezuka`s Work Rotoscoping

Postby Bijan Samareh » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:37 am

Since my childhood, I have been a big admirer of Manga and Anime. I have even enjoyed the comics of the times when this culture was about to begin. Like any other fan of comics and anime, I too love the work of Osamu Tezuka and I believe he is truly the king of this world. The story line, dialogues, and illustration or animation all are extremely awesome.
But now I have noticed that people admire Disney or WB cartoon series and consider them something amazing. From my point of view they are good but what irritates me most is the copy pasting of scenes, and high level resembling characters to that of the work of Tezuka and other Japanese artists.

I think that the originality in work is more of worth then down grading your style and cheat someone else efforts. Influence in some areas is however not an issue but when I watched the Lion King, Snow White, Robin Hood, Beauty and The Beast I simply had a shock. They simply stole the work of Japanese artists to promote their medium.
This is basically the using technique of rotoscoping unfairly. The term is an animatronics method in which designers trace over footage, frame by frame, for usage in live-action and animated movies. Right now a number of movies and animated series are having exact copy pasted or rotoscoped material which was originally designed by the great Osamu Tezuka.

Now I think there should be some law to resist such unethical activities or at least the production houses should mention in the disclaimer or credits, the name of the original artist to pay them respect. Especially when I watched following American movies VAMPIRE HUNTER D, DARK CITY, INCEPTION which is having a high dosage of copy/pasted work from VAN HELSING,AKIRA, PAPRIKA respectively I started feeling an irritation because they do not even bother to mention the name of an original artist.

Such things are like a troll for designers and artists who research and work hard to generate something that is later stolen by anyone to ease their work or to put spice in their work. I personally believe that many people would have faced such heart touching and anger feelings when they watch any piece of work which is having rotoscoped or replicated work.
This is actually our love and admiration towards particular legends and their work. This attitude like so want to more on is a misuse of technology and when anyone who is familiar with the sources original work in the eye of that particular person the respect of your work and personality simply wipes out.
Bijan Samareh

Return to English Language Releases