[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Vertical to publish MW in English!?

Vertical to publish MW in English!?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Metropolisforever » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:33 pm

It's always nice to see Tezuka's popularity growing outside of Japan! :D

What do you anticipate/predict/ect. next?

I think Marine Express should be released in English! :P

I think everything should be released in English! :D
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED.
Metropolisforever

Banned

Postby UnluckyLukeGR » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:50 pm

I've seen Marine Express, and it's pretty good, but not very high on my list of "release in English already." If you've played Astro Boy Omega Factor, you kind of already know how a lot of the story goes. I'd rather see more Black Jack, to be honest, even though I'm reading it in French right now (dammit, I lost a volume on the plane). But assuming Vertical hopefully publishes more Tezuka, they will probably publish more of his adult works. Maybe Viz? Please?
UnluckyLukeGR

Tezuka Nut

Postby strobe_z » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:22 pm

Vertical has already stated that they are only interested in publishing Tezuka's "adult" works. It's totally in-line with their business model and I doubt that will change any time soon.

Apparently though, Viz has made some indirect and subtle "wink wink nudge nudge" type comments that lead us to belive that they will be publishing some more Tezuka post-Phoenix.

The smart money is on Black Jack. Outside of Astro and Kimba, Black Jack has the biggest fan base. They also have a short publishing history with BJ already. So it does make a certain amount of sense. With Viz though, things that make sense are often a secondary concern, so who knows.
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby putrocca » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:42 am

- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby strobe_z » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:10 am

And here's the cover...
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Huscheli » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:38 am

It's better than the three french versions. But that's easy XD
Last edited by Huscheli on Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby strobe_z » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:45 am

Not sure what you mean by "better"? You like the french covers better? or the fact that it's 3 volumes instead of just one?

Personally I dig the "whole series in a book" idea. For one thing, you don't have to read a volume and then wait a long time for the next one. True you probably have to wait longer for the one-volume edition in the first place, but for me that's easier to take than having to wait "in the middle".

Either way though, I'm just glad we're getting MW in English.
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Huscheli » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:11 am

No, I prefere the english cover. Even the three french one together can't beat it, that's what I meant. XD

I like those "all in one volumes" too. But sometimes I prefere the single editions. (If they're cheaper for example).
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby strobe_z » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:39 pm

Ahh... all becomes clear. Sorry, I'm a bit jetlagged still, so not quite thinking straight. Change the "as" to "than" in your post and it's clear as a bell.

I quite like that cover actually.. but then Vertical hasn't disappointed yet. As for the price, you really can't beat an "all-in-one" volume. Sure the price might be a bit more than a "normal" edition, but the $20 I paid for Ode to Kirihito comes down to $5 each for four "normal" editions. You can't beat that.
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Huscheli » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:10 pm

It's beatable if you don't live in the US.
I bet the MW in French are cheaper for me than if I would buy the US all in one version. The French one only did cost me around 6$ per volume, that's the only reason I bought them.

Kirihito in French was a lot more expensive than the Vertical version that's true. But therefor they're unflipped. :D

But still, the vertical versions are great and I would buy them too if I wouldn't have a french comic shop near me.
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby WarriorKalia » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:52 pm

Oh lord... Yuki is going to America...

:(

Are they compiling it in one volume? I suppose that's an idea- it's not too horribly long. I just think it's a bit much to take in in one sitting. Then again, I can probably handle it...
My favorite quote is suppposed to be here, but.. how do I put into a quote the sound of Black Jack's fist hitting Kiriko's face...?
WarriorKalia

Tezuka reader

Postby Lamp » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:02 pm

Lamp

Tezuka reader

Postby Jiminy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:21 am

Wasn't this initially slated to be hardcover? I could be wrong, but I really thought it was, and now amazon has it as paperback only.
:( Man, I was really looking forward to hardcover.
San Dimas High School football rules!
Jiminy

Tezuka Expert

Postby mkg12 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:59 am

mkg12

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:06 am

strobe_z

Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to English Language Releases