[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Vertical to publish MW in English!?

Vertical to publish MW in English!?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Jiminy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:54 am

The Vertical blog has a link to a little interview with their editorial director () about MW and their releases in general.

Some points of interest are a bit of background on the social events that happened while MW was being written, a brief comparison to Vertical's other releases, that MW is pronounced "Moo", and that Dororo will be unflipped and three volumes long.

The interviewer's last question is on the chances of them releasing Kimba - looks like it has more fans than are on this forum :). In short they're "interested", but they're weary of the problems associated with it.

I thought Vertical gave a pretty good impression in the interview, and it upheld their generally positive reputation.
San Dimas High School football rules!
Jiminy

Tezuka Expert

Postby cmoon » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:25 am

cmoon

Postby Huscheli » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:57 am

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby cmoon » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:23 pm

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Ash » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:57 pm

"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby cmoon » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:37 pm

Yes and no. There are three other poison gases mentioned and they are real. Their names are really two letter code names. One can play this game and try to pronounce the katakana that itself is a reference to english letters, but I think that's a weird semantic game (there's a similar one with Godzilla fans, prefering an Enrishified version of a word over the actual English word that was mutilated to begin with.)

Anway, it is cearly meant to be just two characters, and I guess you can try to say the Japanese figures if you want to but for an english speaking person, and with reference to a secret American weapon, seemingly the proper way to say it would simply be 'm' 'w'.
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Jiminy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:41 am

I'm only about a third of the way through, but I can say this is unlike anything I've ever read. Keeping Yuki in such a major role gives his character a lot of depth, which as has been said makes it a real study of evil.

At this point in the book there's still so much left to be answered - not least of which is how does someone with those sideburns get mistaken for a woman?
San Dimas High School football rules!
Jiminy

Tezuka Expert

Postby Princess Sapphire » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:14 am

Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Princess Sapphire » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:34 am

Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Xenops » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:52 am

I have a confession: a neighboring library has MW, so I will get the book at my library next week. :shock:

I know I won't like it, I know I will be disturbed, I know I will be grossed out, but I want to read it. Human nature, I guess.

I am older than 18, if that is a concern.

Thoughts?
Xenops

Tezuka Nut

Postby Huscheli » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:24 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Xenops » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:30 am

Xenops

Tezuka Nut

Postby Huscheli » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:00 pm

Ah alright. Okay, it's a bit special. I like when everyone is messed up. XD
But I can see how you can dislike that. And yes it is likely you wont like MW then. But eh...yeah, read it anyway ^^
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Previous

Return to English Language Releases