[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Buddha in paperback!?

Buddha in paperback!?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Buddha in paperback!?

Postby cmoon » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:09 pm

cmoon

Postby Hekima » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:45 pm

The Vertical site includes release dates for paperbacks up to volume four Amazon lists dates for paperback volumes through six but since they list volume 5's date as Dec. 25, 2005, I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

Actually, the prices aren't too bad if you order from Amazon, of course you'll have to add on some stuff to qualify for free shipping.
Hekima

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:47 pm

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby cmoon » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:38 am

My goodness. I was getting the hardback ones from amazon for $16
cmoon

Postby Hekima » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:42 pm

Me too, except for when I randomly feel like supporting the book store where I got the first couple of volumes. They just tend to stock the first two or three and the latest releases so I have to special order them. I don't normally do that except for when I need an excuse to go over there but I seem to be pretty good at making up reasons to go there anyway. Image
Hekima

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:58 pm

Now you feel the pain of Canadian book-buyers everywhere... with a Canadian dollar hovering near $0.90USD... we still get shafted on print materials. The $24.95 price tag on the Buddha hardbacks should only be $28 CDN.... but they're selling for $34.95

Luckily the online market is a little more flexible... but the $16 books you bought still cost me $25 from Amazon.ca

It also galls me that most of these books are actually printed in Canada in the first place!

I know all about currency exchange rates and what not... but I'd say my $25 is just as valuable to me in Canada as yours is in the USA...

Oh... and just to make sure this post doesn't go off-topic. Buddha was still worth it! :lol:
strobe_z

Webmaster

Return to English Language Releases