[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - New Schodt on Astro Boy and Tezuka

New Schodt on Astro Boy and Tezuka

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

New Schodt on Astro Boy and Tezuka

Postby Ash » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:28 pm

"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby cmoon » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:41 pm

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby putrocca » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:58 pm

He's the right person to write it. It's about time he did.
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby strobe_z » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:39 pm

Here's a look at the cover:

The description from Amazon.ca:

The pioneering genius of Japan's "god of manga," Osamu Tezuka (1928-1989), is examined through his life's masterwork: Tetsuwan Atomu, also known as Mighty Atom or Astro Boy, a comic series featuring a cute little android who yearns to be more human. The history of Tetsuwan Atomu and Tezuka's role in it is a road map to understanding the development of new media in Japan and the United States. Topics include Tezuka's life, the art of animation, the connection between fantasy robots and technology, spin-offs, and Astro Boy's cultural impact.

248 pages with a cover price of $16.95 USD

Should be interesting. Looks like the fall will be a good Tezuka time. The end of Phoenix and this book in September, October is MW. It's a shame to look forward to the end of summer, but...
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby cmoon » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:40 pm

cmoon

Postby putrocca » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:49 am

The release date is September. Amazon is confused.

- Ada
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby putrocca » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:02 pm

putrocca

Site Founder

Postby cmoon » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:25 pm

cmoon

Postby putrocca » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:25 pm

putrocca

Site Founder

Postby cmoon » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:13 am

cmoon

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:00 am

Ataru Moroboshi

Tezuka Nut

Postby Jeffbert » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:45 pm

Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby strobe_z » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:21 pm

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby cmoon » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:22 pm

cmoon

Postby Jeffbert » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:18 pm

I just finished the book last night, & although I found it worthwhile and interesting, I was a bit disappointed that it said nothing about the manga stories that were not reprinted in the 23 volume anthology.

However, it did provide information on other items of interest. I might write more about this later. :roll:
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Return to English Language Releases