[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Dark Horse to Release Kimba the White Lion manga

Dark Horse to Release Kimba the White Lion manga

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Dark Horse to Release Kimba the White Lion manga

Postby strobe_z » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:47 pm

Wow... I was browsing around on Dark Horse's website and I ran across this press release saying they're going to release Kimba the White Lion manga in November!

cmoon should be a happy! I never saw this one coming...

Anyway, check out the press release
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Huscheli » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:58 pm

Wooow, how great! Finally all non-japanese people can read it (at least all those who can't read German or French)!
And such a pretty Cover. If it's unflipped (I hope so for that price!), I think I'll buy it too, even if I have already the german manga. The cover is just so cute.
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Lamp » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:27 pm

Cool, "Kimba...the tortured son of Chunchu?". Great news and all, but I wonder if Dark Horse is marketing to the right crowd...

I was fooled at first!
Lamp

Tezuka reader

Postby UnluckyLukeGR » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:52 pm

Heh, I hope this isn't some cruel April Fool's joke. It seems kind of suspicious to me, with this not in the press release section, most of the links on the website giving errors and your name in the url and everything. But if it's true and I'm not being paranoid, this is great news. It would be nice to see that Dark Horse hasn't given up on publishing Tezuka's works.
UnluckyLukeGR

Tezuka Nut

Postby cmoon » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:55 am

*sighs*

What kind of url is this?

http://www.candycoded.com/strobe_z/april/press-release.htm

Why do you torture me so? :cry:
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Ash » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:01 am

The cruelty of April Fools :P

Though the url should've been a giveaway to most people. Meh, I have the German version, so I wouldn't care for a English version anyway ~_~
"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby Huscheli » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:28 pm

Me has the German version too. But I still would like a version with a prettier cover haha! XD

Proves once more, never believe news on april the first. ;_; Evil strobez.
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby strobe_z » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:05 pm

oh come on! you guys TOTALLY boughht it... didn't ya~!

I wasn't sure what series I should do (or what press release I should hijack)... there were so many options. I thought about doing Black Jack from Viz, but I couldn't resist having a go at cmoon's chain...

:twisted: evil strobez
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby cmoon » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:12 pm

cmoon

Postby putrocca » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:13 am

- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Princess Sapphire » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:26 am

This was such a cute joke you pulled last year strobe :lol:

But it sure would be wonderful if we could have Kimba manga for real. SIGH :(
Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby cmoon » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:49 pm

cmoon

Re: Dark Horse to Release Kimba the White Lion manga

Postby LadyOT » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:58 am

LadyOT

Re: Dark Horse to Release Kimba the White Lion manga

Postby Princess Sapphire » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:16 pm

Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby KimbaWLion » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:45 am

I have scoured the internet for over a dozen years, and I have found a lot of Kimba treasures, but I have never seen nor heard of a licensed English translation of the manga. I sincerely doubt there has ever been one.

I am perfectly willing to be proved wrong, however.
KimbaWLion

Tezuka reader

Next

Return to English Language Releases