[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Princess Knight in Shojo Beat

Princess Knight in Shojo Beat

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Princess Knight in Shojo Beat

Postby strobe_z » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:41 pm

http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6434448.html

"Shojo Beat, Viz Media's monthly shojo anthology magazine, will celebrate its second birthday in July with a special present for its readers: an excerpt from legendary manga-ka Osamu Tezuka's 1954 manga Princess Knight, which has never been available in the U.S. before. It's a way to show its readers the roots of shojo manga (manga generally aimed at girls) at a time when the magazine is renewing its focus on manga and the Japanese popular culture that produced it."

The word "excerpt" leads me to belive they're not going to publish the whole thing in the monthly anthology format. Still... it's better than nothing I guess.
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Huscheli » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:38 pm

Hmm sounds interesting.
Maybe they'll release the whole thing later on directly as a manga. I once heard that Osamu Tezuka Licences should be quite expensive compared to other manga, so I don't know but, wouldn't be a too good think to only release one chapter then.
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby snake search » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:13 am

viz might do the same thing, they do in Shonen Jump. ware they publish one chapter in the magazine and than publish the full manga later.
snake search

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:01 pm

I'm hopeful, but I doubt it. From all accounts, this would be the early version of Princess Knight (not the Japanese bi-lingual edition one). It's not often reprinted, and if Viz was going to print any Princess Knight - I'd bet on the bi-lingual one.

Still, even an exerpt will be nice, and it's a positive sign that they decide to celebrate with the master who started it all...
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby putrocca » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:52 pm

I know Viz is planning something to follow Phoenix finishing - this could be it.
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby snake search » Wed May 23, 2007 7:56 pm

snake search

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Wed May 23, 2007 8:17 pm

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby strobe_z » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:07 am

does anyone know when the release date is for this? I know it's the July issue... which comes out when?
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby UnluckyLukeGR » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:33 pm

Well, the June issue came out on May 15, according to the website, so I'm guessing it's not too long until the July issue is released.

Buying this at my local bookstore is going to be kind of embarrassing, though.
UnluckyLukeGR

Tezuka Nut

Postby dwillems » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:08 pm

According to the Wikipedia entry, VIZ licensed the manga:

Princess Knight has been licensed by Viz Media.[11] A preview of the manga was released in the July issue of Viz Media's shojo magazine, Shojo Beat.[12]

Very exciting!
dwillems

Tezuka reader

Postby putrocca » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:49 pm

- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby dwillems » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:18 pm

dwillems

Tezuka reader

Postby Princess Sapphire » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:44 pm

Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Deda » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:12 pm

Deda

Tezuka Nut

Postby Manetoys » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:10 pm

I hope more is to come. I've recently been getting rather interested in this. And I... think she's is cute :oops:
Manetoys

Tezuka Veteran

Next

Return to English Language Releases