[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Thumbelina on Mexican DVD??

Thumbelina on Mexican DVD??

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Thumbelina on Mexican DVD??

Postby F-Man » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:23 am

Found these pictures on Photobucket by complete coincidence:

I contacted the uploader but am not getting any response... Thumbelina by Toei is a 1978 movie with character designs by Tezuka. I got the English language VHS not too long ago in the hopes of creating subtitles using it, but this DVD would make the job a lot easier. The movie hasn't been released on DVD even in Japan.

I looked for "Pulgarcita" on all Mexican e-tailers I knew, and couldn't find anything. Maybe it's a fan-made DVD? Which would mean the Japanese VHS would have to be letterboxed.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Re: Thumbelina on Mexican DVD??

Postby Mamango » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:34 pm

I found the DVD but it is not what you think it's in english.Also at this web site you can find The Amazing 3 DVDs and the dvd cost $27.95 .scroll down. http://www.8thman.com/ta3.htm
Mamango

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:27 pm

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby AlvoErrado2 » Wed May 27, 2015 4:44 am

AlvoErrado2

Postby F-Man » Wed May 27, 2015 6:05 pm

Wow, thanks AlvoErrado2! I would have completely missed this listing!

There are still 3 copies left for anyone interested. Guess this is the second time I get saved by a Spanish language DVD! The live-action Phoenix DVD only came out in Spain as well.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Tetsuwan Atomu » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:29 pm

Actually this movie was also Released in Germany in 2012 and while it used to be out of print some seller through Amazon itself is selling it right now.
It includes the Japanse English and German !!! altough i have to check on what subs you can select for the Japanese Track once i have it, but this seems to be the one to go with the Mexican may very well be a bootleg
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B009E3W ... ge_o00_s00

Germany does quite have alot of old Anime movies released altough i'm not even sure if it's really selling there :P Alkazam (with English dub with the monkey as Peter Fernandez really happy with that dvd) also lot's of other rare (tezuka) movies like : Cleopatra,Belladonna Space Firebird etc most of it doesn't come with English but some of it has.
Tetsuwan Atomu

Tezuka reader

Postby phap » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:50 pm

phap

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:06 am

Got the Mexican DVD.

Everything seems more or less fine. The lack of anamorphic is disappointing, and creates a picture quality that's frankly lacking (honestly, barring the pan & scan, I think the North American VHS release looked better). The aspect ratio seems weird... It's 2.22:1 instead of the usual 2.35:1. Some scenes seem cramped, but only slightly. It's definitely better than 4:3 in any case, and it's probably how it was made.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Return to European and Worldwide Releases