Hi!

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Hi!

Postby Sibauchi » Fri May 05, 2006 12:47 pm

Hi, everyone! I just popped in to say hello.
I'm Sibauchi, a Tezuka fan in Seoul, South Korea.
I guess my favorite is Black Jack, although I thought Don Dracula was pure genius.
It's nice to get to know Tezuka fans from all over the world, so salutations to you all!
What if any one of the Jojos came across Black Jack?
Sibauchi

Postby strobe_z » Sat May 06, 2006 6:05 am

Hi Sibauchi, nice to see there's some fans from South Korea. I was just in Seoul at the end of March and I managed to find an almost complete set of the Black Jack manhwa (missing only two volumes).

I've been working on some translations from Korean to English at my website http://tezuka-translated.com and have already finished 밀림의 왕자 레오 (Jungle Emperor) and am almost done 리본의 기사 (Princess Knight). I'm also working on Rainbow Parakeet and 나의 손오공 (My Son-Goku). I'm still looking for a few of the Korean editions (mainly 마그마 대사, 미크로이드 S and 돈 드라큐라) so if you have any good ideas about where I could find them, I'd be interested in hearing about it.
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby putrocca » Sun May 07, 2006 1:39 am

Welcome, Sibauchi.

It's always exciting to meet Tezuka fans from faraway places. Right now we have very little coverage on Tezuka World, but if you spot any errors or think of something we should add, let me know and I'll happily post it.

I believe Don Dracula is coming out in French soon, but since there's no western edition yet I haven't been able to read it so far. I can't wait to see it - I haven't had a chance yet to read a comedy series written late in Tezuka's career, all the late things out in langauges I know are serious, so I've never had a chance to see how his comic style matured over his career. Does he still use a lot of slapstick in Don Dracula, or does that phase out?
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Return to Introductions