[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - A new addition is me! :D

A new addition is me! :D

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

A new addition is me! :D

Postby Mamath » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:14 am

Hello, everyone! I actually stumbled onto this forum while I was searching google for people selling or trading those little Tezuka "mini vignette" singles... :) Can't believe I didn't realise there was a forum here! I'm certainly familiar with the main site!

Ummm, I'm 19 years old, female, and live in Australia. I've been an enormous Astroboy/Mighty Atom fan since, oh, primary school some time. I also encountered Kimba/Leo around the same time (my younger sister became a bit of a Kimba fan ;P). Recently I've come back to Tezuka's work - reading all the Astroboy and Buddha volumes at the library and gradually buying up all the volumes of Phoenix I can find... :)

Outside of being a Tezuka fangirl, I study Mechanical Engineering at the University of Queensland and draw/paint/sculpt when I have the time. Oh, I have a page, so you can check out my stuff. ^_^ No Tezuka fanwork yet...I'm kind of intimidated because I can't possibly do Tezuka justice. :P But lately I've been itching to do Phoenix fanart. Mmmm, Phoenix.

I especially like curry, comics (just another word for manga, yes? ;)) and my DS Lite.

I think that covers everything. :O
Looking to trade Tezuka gashapon! I have spare Amazing Three (x2), Blackjack (x1) and Princess Knight (series 1 x1) pieces. Looking for the rest. Please PM me if interested!
Mamath

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:46 am

Welcome Mamath!

I can understand your facination with those Teukza mini-vignettes! I got addicted to them pretty quickly myself. Unfortunately, I don't have any to trade, but I'll keep my eyes out. You've come to the right place though, there's a lot of people here willing to help out fellow Tezuka fans.

It's been a bit quiet around here lately, but things have been picking up a bit recently, so we're always glad to get some more interesting members.

Cheers.
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Mamath » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:02 am

The sentiment is appreciated. :) I've only been looking for those remaining series 1 vignettes for a month or so (since that fateful convention... :P) so there's still plenty of places to look! If only Tezuka was more popular in America/Australia, it'd be easier... I certainly can't seem to avoid all those other series' gashapon...
Looking to trade Tezuka gashapon! I have spare Amazing Three (x2), Blackjack (x1) and Princess Knight (series 1 x1) pieces. Looking for the rest. Please PM me if interested!
Mamath

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:57 am

What are those mini vignettes? O_O Am I missing something? :D

Hello Mamath! Nice to have another member.
Ahh DS lite...it's great. What's your favourite game? (Mine's Phoenix Wright)
And I love how you've painted your wall *pointing at your webcam photo on deaviantart*

btw. I hesistated a long time making Tezuka Fanart - but in the end I couldn't wait any longer haha.
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Mamath » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:10 pm

The Tezuka mini vignettes (they have some ridulously long official name...what is it, "Tezuka Osamu Mini Vignette Anthology" or something? :|) are these awesome little figures of characters from various Tezuka works. So far there's three series of figures...

Series One:
Series Two:
Series Three:

I bought bunch of the Series One ones at a convention recently, but they were in their boxes so I couldn't tell which was which and ended up with a lot of repeats. Still, they're really cool! Lots of nice little details and well made. :D

My favourite DS Lite game...augh, my top three at the moment are Pokemon (yeeeaaah, pogeymans!), Elite Beat Agents (Commander Kahn is <3) and Phoenix Wright. I'm hesitant to put PW right up the top because it's not all that REplayable. :(

I'd like to see your fanart! :D Have you posted it anywhere around the place? (DA?)
Mamath

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:17 pm

Ahhh! I just called those "collector figures" haha :D But yes, they are very cool. I want some too. It's normal that you can't tell which one you get...that's the fun of it (but annoying if you want all of them...)

Awww Pokemon. I haven't had to money to buy it yet, but will soon too :D
But you're right with PW....one really can't play it twice.

uhm, I have a DA account now:
http://thrumugnyr.deviantart.com/ but there isn't any Tezuka Fanart online yet.
I'm still at coloring. This is how far I got with the Vampire and Black Jack artwork:

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby strobe_z » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:36 pm

Nice work Huscheli! Such a "cute" Black Jack.

:idea: I just realized, with the addition of Mamath to our ranks we now truly span the globe. We've got memebers in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and now Australia. If we can just find a penguin or two we'll claim Antarctica and have all the continents represented!
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Mamath » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:02 pm

Well, Australia holds dominion over an awful lot of Antarctica... ;P

Those are looking really good, Huscheli! :D You keep to the character's original style/designs well...something that I'm notoriously bad at... XD

+watched your Devart page, by the way. :) Yaaay, art friends?
Mamath

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:07 pm

Yes I try to keep the original style somewhat.
But I think it's also inetresting if someone is able to draw a certain character in his own way!

Yaaay!^^

Sorry to hijack your thread for that but:
By the way...how can I add someone as a friend on deviantart? I haven't found that out yet :D
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Mamath » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:24 pm

Just mosey along to their page and up in the top-right there should be a "Watch this Deviant" link/button. :3 Click on it and it'll add that person to you watchlist and take you to your "Friends" page where you can specify what parts of their page you are watching (Gallery, Scraps, and Journal), among other things. Easy as pie. :D
Mamath

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:49 pm

Ah clicking "watch this deviant" alone is enough? Well then...:D

Thanks.
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby UnluckyLukeGR » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:12 pm

Welcome. Always nice to see new members, and it's great that, unlike Metro, you post intelligent posts, so I'm glad that the forum is becoming more active.
UnluckyLukeGR

Tezuka Nut

Postby putrocca » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:37 pm

It's a bit late now, but welcome! I'm glad to have people who use the main site get situated on the forums, though sad to hear you can use the site a lot without noticing them. I'll have to try to make them more prominent somehow...

And it's always good to have Australians around. I know there are a lot of good Tezuka releases over there, and a lot of the best Tezuka merchandise on ebay seems to come via Australia. I too know and love the Tezuka vignette sets you mentioned, and have them all - there is also an Astro Boy only set, but I only have one of those.

Looking forward to chatting with you more when I'm no longer traveling in internet-free lands.
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Mamath » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:27 pm

It's never too late to say hi! :) Nevaarrr! :P *plots to have the longest intro thread around*

I probably didn't pay much attention to the forums because the only link to it is a little text hyperlink in the menu. Admittedly all the menu items are text but I'm just so used to buttons, you know? And it's so easy to get lost in all the content the site offers (that Rock Holmes essay is my favouritest analytical essay ever. T_T)

There's enough Tezuka stuff over here to keep me busy for a little while. :3 I think I bought all the vignettes available around here though and they are quite old now, so not sure where to try next (that doesn't charge $30 US shipping or something!). I might email the place that I got them at and see if they'll restock, but I'm pretty sure they were very glad to be rid of them when I bought them all. :\ (Should have asked for a discount, actually. Curses!)
Mamath

Tezuka reader

Postby iPood » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:27 am

Welcome. Mate! (<--- Just had to get it out, sorry :D)

As for those little figures, I have seen the series 1 and 3 at a shop in my city, also a set with only Astro + family. I am looking to buy those soon, they are really cool.

I can't wait for any Tezuka fanart you make.
iPood

Tezuka reader

Next

Return to Introductions