[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Hi all

Hi all

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Hi all

Postby Jiminy » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:44 am

Hi. I'm a 23 year old New Zealand university student, in my final year before graduation.

I've been collecting anime for quite a few years now, although I've only moved into manga recently. That came as a direct result of working through the backlog of Tezuka-based anime, when I realised there was an awful lot I was missing...

Because of that my (very modestly sized) manga collection is still centred on Tezuka works. I've spent a fair bit of time attempting to catch up on the Tezuka in English that passed me by, although funnily enough I only found this site a few days ago while combing for Phoenix Vol 7 - the sole volume of that series to have escaped my grasp. I'll probably post something about it in the relevant thread, but if anyone comes across another copy I'd be more than a little desperate to pay for it and its postal journey to my door :)

Anyway I'm still a bit behind on the Tezuka body of work (currently moving through the 1960s Astro TV series and Ode to Kirihito - just to keep the range broad - and also To Terra) but I hope to add what I can to the discussions while bringing myself up to speed.

Thanks for providing the place, and the information, for me to do so!
San Dimas High School football rules!
Jiminy

Tezuka Expert

Postby UnluckyLukeGR » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:28 pm

Welcome, Jiminy. Always nice to see new members. I know how difficult it is to get a copy of Phoenix Volume 7 (I had to buy it in French because I just gave up on trying to find it in English), but keep trying, and I'm sure somebody will eventually find another one. My manga collection is pretty similar to yours, actually, because it's mainly comprised of Tezuka's works, with some Umezu, Urasawa, and a few others.
UnluckyLukeGR

Tezuka Nut

Postby Jiminy » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:58 am

Jiminy

Tezuka Expert

Postby Huscheli » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:39 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Ash » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:28 pm

EX-TER-MINATE!! EX-TER-MINATE!!

I mean, err, welcome! ;)

I got lucky with my Phoenix 7. I happened to check a online comic store that sells some manga and the miracle happened, they had one copy of that volume in stock, not that expensive either (they probably didn't know it was rare...). Try smaller comic stores to see if they happen to have one...

Then again, I'm still missing volume 1 & 3.

Heh, my manga collection is like an evergrowing moloch, mostly shounen and Tezuka stuff, but is getting rather big lately...
"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby putrocca » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:06 pm

Welcome! New Zealand, did we have anyone from New Zealand before?

Glad to have you. We all seem to have set up an international cooperation ring to recirculate rare volumes of Phoenix - I just posted about a copy of vol. 1 on ebay now. I'll definitely let you know if I find vol. 7. Though I'm in Italy now... anyone need Phoenix in Italian?
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Jiminy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:32 am

Jiminy

Tezuka Expert

Postby Ash » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:35 am

"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby Kevin » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:18 am

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Return to Introductions