[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - The "Iron Dinosaur" Has Arrived!

The "Iron Dinosaur" Has Arrived!

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

The "Iron Dinosaur" Has Arrived!

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:18 am

Hi, My name is Tetsu Deinonychus (Well, not really), I'm a long-time lurker, first-time poster. And, I'm glad to be here at the Tezuka In English forums! :D

I really enjoy Tezuka's work, and I think I'll enjoy chatting with others who enjoy his work as well.

Anyway, here's my vital stats.

User-Name meaning: Tetsu = Japanese for Iron, Deinonychus= favourite dinosaur.

Religion: Buddhist/Taoist

Relationship Status: Unhappily Single

Vague Description:
I'm slightly effeminate, a total comic/animation geek, and I've been drawn to Asian culture since I was a baby.

Favourite Tezuka Character: Ken'ichi!

Favourite Tezuka Manga:
Buddha and Nextworld

Favourite Tezuka (based) Anime: Metropolis

Favourite 100% Genuine Tezuka Anime: Astroboy (80s version)

Dream: To make it as a professional cartoonist! I would show you my website, but I'm really not satisfied with my artwork from back then anymore, and am currently in the process of remaking my website along with the comics I use it to promote.

I'll post a thread about it in the Off-topic section when it's done. But, if you're curious as to how I draw, I've prepared a group shot of 4 of my characters.

(Pictured left from right: Whiteshell, Kazuki, Alan, and Sebastian. If you're curious feel free to ask me about them)

Anyway, Guess I'll shut up now. :wink:
Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Postby Potato » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:32 am

Welcome, Tetsu! (your name is a bit too long so if you don't mind i will use abbreviations)

Speaking of which, why's the word abbreviations so long? :lol:

Rules:

you MAY NOT steal my avatar
you MAY NOT steal my signature
you MAY be random
you MAY throw pies at cmoon (i do it all the time)
you MAY NOT start a pie fight, that's my job.

Potato :lol:
Katara: Sokka, You're a genius!
Aang: Did the definition of genius change in the last 100 years?

Potato

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby strobe_z » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:57 pm

Welcome Tetsu D.

I'm glad you decided to join in the fun. I'm always curious as to why those mysterious "guests" I see browsing around don't just register and start yapping. I think there's a perception that you have to be some kind of Tezuka expert before you can post... simply not the case!

So let this be a lesson to all you lurkers out there! :lol:

Nice pics, btw...
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Rukawagf » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:17 pm

welcome to the board, though i'm pretty newb myself :P
Rukawagf

Tezuka Nut

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:03 pm

To Potato: Hey, No problem. That's what everyone else does on all the places I use this name on.

To strobe_z:Well, I was going to wait until I had a completed new version of my website promoting completed new versions of my comics before I joined any new boards, but I just found myself lurking here so much that I had to join the fun.

(Also wanted to make sure you all seemed friendly. I've made the mistake of joining some boards with alot of rather mean people.)

To Rukawagf: Thanks, fellow newbie. :)
Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Postby Jiminy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:25 pm

Jiminy

Tezuka Expert

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:28 pm

Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Postby Jiminy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:47 pm

Good, good. Any friend of velociraptor is a friend of mine.
Jiminy

Tezuka Expert

Postby Potato » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:33 pm

Potato

Postby putrocca » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:44 pm

Welcome, Tetsu. I'm always glad when lurkers turn to guests, and it's always good to have more Metropolis/Nextworld fans about.
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Huscheli » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:44 pm

Deinonychus was my favourite dinosaur as a child (next to Troodon and ...another one whose name I forgot. Man was along time ago when I was totally into dinosaurs..) :D

Great to have another user here and since you lurked around before, I can't really call you a "new" user haha XD

Well, what else to say.... enjoy...^^'
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Re: The "Iron Dinosaur" Has Arrived!

Postby Kevin » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:00 pm

New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:17 am

Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Postby Potato » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:42 am

Potato

Return to Introductions