[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Hi there : D

Hi there : D

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Hi there : D

Postby Pinka » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:30 pm

Pinka

Tezuka reader

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:30 pm

Welcome! :D

If "slash" is the same as "YAOI" then I'd say that there are some "slash" pairings I like, but nothing Tezuka related.
Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Postby cmoon » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:59 am

So you saw the Kimba 60 series or only some of it? Kimba is sort of a tough thing to approach through video since the 60's series doesn't present the Leo storyline in a very coherent fashion, while the 80's series is either not available or only in an unacceptable dub (I'm speaking for English fans here), while the movie is the third story arc from the manga--which probably isn't the best place to start.

There may be a version of the Jungle Emperor Leo manga available in your language (though not in English) and is worth seeking out--great stuff!
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Rocku » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:27 am

"There are demons in my soup. There are monsters in my damn soup."

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Potato » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:39 am

Katara: Sokka, You're a genius!
Aang: Did the definition of genius change in the last 100 years?

Potato

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Pinka » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:06 pm

to Rocku indeed i am Hikari Tail in the Online Astroboy forum : D who are you if i may ask?

to comoon
it was the second Leo series where Kimba is grown up, the videos are really low quaitly and the dutch dub is horrible but they did ad their own opening song whice was cute, but the opening intro contains scenes when Kimba was a child despite the first series never made it to Holland.
Pinka

Tezuka reader

Postby Ash » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:59 pm

Hi! I'm from the Netherlands too! Might've seen the random Tezuka manga reviews I did for the magazine AniWay? XD
"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby Rocku » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:00 pm

"There are demons in my soup. There are monsters in my damn soup."

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Pinka » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:18 pm

Pinka

Tezuka reader

Postby Ash » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:27 pm

"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby Pinka » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:11 pm

Pinka

Tezuka reader

Postby Princess Sapphire » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:23 am

Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby strobe_z » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:45 pm

Sorry for the late reply, welcome Pinka!
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Pinka » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:22 pm

Thank you everyone : )
Pinka

Tezuka reader

Return to Introductions