[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Escuse my nelegence but I forgot my introduction

Escuse my nelegence but I forgot my introduction

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Escuse my nelegence but I forgot my introduction

Postby Tetsuwan » Mon May 05, 2008 11:09 pm

When I was young (early 1990's) I noticed a comic book in the corner of my closet. I picked it up an immersed myself in the world of Sonic the Hedgehog for the first time as well as a comic book. This one comic would start me on the path to great things yet to come.

My dad saw how interested I was getting in comics so decided to get me a comic based on a cartoon he watched when he was young. Yes that comic was Astro Boy. Although it was the Now Comics version it was my first venture into the world of Tezuka.

Comics would dominate my life, even though I would read Marvel and DC comics every now and then I mostly stick to the comic that started my journey Sonic. I would as well stick to the comic that caught my imagination and heart Astro Boy.

When Dark Horse came out with their re-release of the original Astroboy I was excited as could be. I would even venture into the realm of Tezuka Anmation to fill this excitment.

My first taste of Tezka animation came from a vist to a local theatre to see a subed version of Metropolis. Then in 2003 I saw my first look at an animated Astroboy cartoon. I would go on to buy the set of this series (especialy to see the uaired episodes), as well as the 80's series and 60's.

I would go to any lenghts to fufill my taste for Tezuka. I imported the Kimba box set (was cheaper than buying the local region). I bought a collection of Amazing Three episodes on dvd that some on put on dvd and was selling. I also obtained a dvd of the subbed version of Blue Blink. I imported the first volume of Choppy and the Princess.

Recently I bought on Amazon.jp Princess Knight bilingual which was just shipped. Also I have bought both out of print Black Jack vols from VIZ (before the complete series was announced to be coming out from vertical).

Right now I'm studying to become a comic book artist. I have already have had an art piece published in a DVD set (I won an art contest where a select few art works were put in the set). My specialty is cartoon characters (I love drawing Sonic The Hedgehog, as well as other cartoon and comic bok characters like Astroboy).

I have been in two art shows and made a piece for a third (a painting of Mikey Mouse in a scene from Fantasia) but the art show was canceled.
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby Princess Sapphire » Mon May 12, 2008 5:16 pm

Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Tetsuwan » Mon May 12, 2008 7:48 pm

Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Return to Introductions