[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Hullo there...

Hullo there...

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Hullo there...

Postby DESERT-SPIRIT » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:40 am

Uh, hi all. I've been lurking on this forum for the past few months now, thought I might as well join up and talk some Tezuka. :D
Unfortunately, I can't say I'm a lifelong fan of Tezuka-sensei's, I only got into manga several years ago (and I'm only 16, so I never got the chance to watch the original Astro Boy series either), but I'm hoping to spend the rest of my life a die-hard Tezuka fan. I've read a very small bit of Black Jack, one volume of Adolf, Apollo's Song, two volumes of Buddha, Kirihito, Metropolis, and the two volumes of Nextworld so far.
I'm not into anime as much as I am manga, but I have watched Rintaro/Otomo's Metropolis, and several of Tezuka's amazing experimental shorts like Jumping, Broken Down Film and Memory. I'd love to watch the Black Jack OAV as well...
Dia dhiabh, as Eire!
DESERT-SPIRIT

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:46 am

Great to have you here!

I extend my deepest welcome!
Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Postby TempuraTokei » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:11 pm

Don't worry, I'm basically just got into Tezuka! Nice to meet you!
If pictures were alive, then they'd be ghosts!

-Black Jack
TempuraTokei

Tezuka reader

Postby Potato » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:12 pm

What? Tezuka? Who is Tezuka? I'm just here for the cake. :wink:

Kidding, kidding. Welcome. Also, if you just so happen to come across anyone who might be in the slightest upset, give them a hug. That's what I do.

Also, the bathroom is down the hall to the left. We don't have a kitchen, i sowwy. :cry:

OKAY now I'll stop my rambling because I'm probably scaring you.

Enjoy your stay.
Katara: Sokka, You're a genius!
Aang: Did the definition of genius change in the last 100 years?

Potato

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Princess Sapphire » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:02 am

Welcome to you DESERT SPIRIT. Delighted to have you with us. :)
Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Return to Introductions