[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Hello All

Hello All

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Hello All

Postby Frank Venture » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:03 am

Hey everyone,

I'm a grad student in my twenties from southeastern Pennsylvania. My very first exposure to the work of Osamu Tezuka was the Unico cartoon, which I rented from a local video store. The man who turned people into marionettes was particulary traumatizing to my young mind. I didn't really get into manga and anime until middle school, but after I did I bought Frederik L. Schodt's books on manga and read the translated exert of Phoenix, which was also extremely memorable. My current interest in Tezuka's work was sparked by the Anime World Order podcast and their many entertaining reviews of Tezuka's manga and the anime based off of it.

I've read many of Vertical's releases and Viz's release of Phoenix, and I'm always picking up more as money allows. My favorite Tezuka manga that I've read so far is Phoenix, with Dororo as a close second. I'm a student of Japanese history, and I really enjoy how Tezuka uses famous people and events from Japanese history in some unexpectedly dark and critical ways (Take THAT, Yoshitsune!).

I attended Otakon 2008 last weekend and met putrocca after a panel. She gave me her card, which prompted me to join the forums. I don't know anyone else who likes Tezuka, so I looking forward to being to discuss his comics here. Nice to meet you all.
Frank Venture

Postby Princess Sapphire » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:51 pm

Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Rock's Sunglasses » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:17 am

Image ImageImage
Rock's Sunglasses

Tezuka Nut

Return to Introductions