[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Hello :D

Hello :D

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Hello :D

Postby chronocross_xp » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:10 am

Hello there I am chronocross_xp, I should have written here first before posting in another topic.
Anyhow, I remember watching the 80s Astroboy back when I was a kid but since I was a kid I didn't see beyond the surface of what Tezuka was trying to convey on his work. Now at an older age I can see it as clear as water. And it is awesome. I re-discovered when I started reading Phoenix "Karma". It was actually the first mature manga that I read. It made me reflect about different points of views that I had and sometimes question my believes or reinforce them. I think that was when I realized that I was hook on Tezuka.
chronocross_xp

Tezuka reader

Postby Kevin » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:02 am

HI!:D How are you!?:D
New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby strobe_z » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:01 pm

Hi chronocross_xp:

Karma is definitely a good place to start. The only problem is that some of Tezuka's other work sometimes pales in comparison. Still, Karma is know to cause Tezukaitis... a condition that causes one to become highly addicted to Tezuka manga and anime. It's more commonly found in Asia, but an epidemic has been breaking out in Europe and spreading to North America lately. ;)
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby chronocross_xp » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:26 pm

It is true. If you read Tezuka your standards will be so high that the rest of the stuff out there would pail in comparison. Which is a good until you have read everything that Tezuka has done and then what is left.
To continue Tezuka's work just like Naoki Urasawa is doing with Pluto, which is awesome by the way, and to spread the Tezuka love. Maybe by doing that the anime fandom out there will be more educated and grow up a little bit.
chronocross_xp

Tezuka reader

Return to Introductions