[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Um...hi everyone!

Um...hi everyone!

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Um...hi everyone!

Postby Tomatogal » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:29 am

Tomatogal

Tezuka reader

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:55 am

Welcome aboard! :D
Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Postby Tomatogal » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:03 am

Aw, thank you! :D
Tomatogal

Tezuka reader

Postby chronocross_xp » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:46 pm

Welcome to the forums :D
I am glad young people are getting interested in Tezuka. I am also glad that you picked up Buddha you will enjoy it since it is so epic and awesome. I also watched the iTunes release of Black Jack. Some of them really made me cry, specially the one with the tree.
Also, Tezuka is soo good that set the bar too high for other mangaka. I mean after reading him I basically got tired of most of the shonen series that I used to like. You can say that Tezuka enlightened me :D
chronocross_xp

Tezuka reader

Postby Tomatogal » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:57 am

Thank you! :D Gah! I've been meaning to order more volumes of Buddha and Phoenix. I loved them both! The endings of both of them them made me want to cry. I've never read anything like Tezuka's stories. The ideas he put in his stories make you look at the world in a different way.
Tomatogal

Tezuka reader

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:09 am

Tezuka is in a class by himself, alright. :D

However, I don't think I'd agree with Chronocross that Tezuka ruins modern manga for everyone. There are quite a few modern manga (not to mention many American, and Korean comics) that I highly recommend.

Still, most of those simply wouldn't be around without Tezuka to blaze the trails. And, his work still holds up well, today.
Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Postby Tomatogal » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:35 am

Yeah, I'm still a fan of some of the more recent animes (One Piece, Zatch Bell/Gash Bell, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, etc.), but the themes in Tezuka's stories are complex, and are indeed in a class of their own. I wish more American anime fans would recognize that Tezuka set a lot standards that are still being used in anime today.
Tomatogal

Tezuka reader

Postby chronocross_xp » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:44 pm

chronocross_xp

Tezuka reader

Postby Jeffbert » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:10 am

Welcome to the forums, Tomatogal. :lol:
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Tomatogal » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:42 am

lol Thank you Jeffbert! :D
Tomatogal

Tezuka reader

Postby Princess Sapphire » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:52 pm

Hello Tomatogal. Great to have you with us. :)
Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Tomatogal » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:13 pm

Thank ya Princess Sapphire! :D
Tomatogal

Tezuka reader

Postby sailor kitty » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:26 pm

Oh, nice! I'm 15-soon-to-be 16, too. ^^

You like Black Jack, too? That series is pure PWNage, :) My favorite characters are BJ and Pinoco. What are yours?

I've been a fan for a long time, but I've only been able to get acess to his works around now. Tezuka is really one of the best!
sailor kitty

Tezuka reader

Postby Tomatogal » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:53 pm

Tomatogal

Tezuka reader

Postby Potato » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:41 am

-Slides in-

Hello! I can't really welcome you properly because I myself keep disappearing. :shock:

Anywho.... can we call you "Tomato" or "She who has left herself in the sun too long"?
Katara: Sokka, You're a genius!
Aang: Did the definition of genius change in the last 100 years?

Potato

All Tezuka all the time...

Next

Return to Introductions