[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Pasokon87 Tooru

Pasokon87 Tooru

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Pasokon87 Tooru

Postby pasokon87 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi, it shouldn't be too hard to guess my favorite Tezuka series based on the title. I'm a 22 year old male from Scandinavia who reads Tezuka in French and in English. I'm a huge fan of everything that has to do with Mitsume ga Tooru (game, anime, special, manga ... you name it) and I'm also fond of Barbara, Hi no Tori and the Black Jack anime. My first exposure to Tezuka was through second hand sources like Urasawa's Pluto and Otomo's Metropolis.

I have since bought most manga by Tezuka in French and even a biography in German and Astro Boy in Flemish. I can't get through the biography, even though I know some German. And
I seriously underestimated the language barrier between German and Flemish when I bought that Astro Boy tankou. ._.

I particularily love Tezuka's experiments with the sequential art and his characters are great (though his elaborate jokes in otherwise serious manga take a while to get used to)!

Aside from Tezuka, I also like manga by Mitsuru Adachi, Hojo Tsukasa, Naoki Urasawa, Rumiko Takahashi and Akira Toriyama. There's a reason most of these mangaka sold +100 million in Japan. :wink:

I look forward to talking with you about Tezuka's manga.

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu
悪魔のプリンス
pasokon87

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:55 am

Sounds like you're a manga-holic! :shock:

Well, you're in good company, here. :wink:

Welcome! :P
Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Return to Introductions