[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Hello Everyone

Postby bobojungle » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:13 pm

Hi, I'm bobojungle, I'm 19 years old and I live in Canada. I've been a Tezuka fan for awhile and thought it's about time I've joined the forums. One of the main reasons I became a Tezuka fan was because I was interested in the influence he had on the manga/anime industry. I also really like his character desgins.

I've watched and read a serveal of his works. Some of my favorites inculde Jetter Mars, Black Jack (manly the OVA and manga) and MW just to name a few. I'd also love the read Princess Knight when the english translation comes out.
Other animes/manga I enjoy are Full Metal Alchemist, Space Pirate Captain Harlock ,Parrionia Angent ,Pluto and Ganbare Genki.
bobojungle

Tezuka reader

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby strobe_z » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:50 am

Hi bobojungle and welcome to the forums... F-Man will be happy there's another Jetter Mars fan around ;)

It's always interesting to hear how other fans became interested in Tezuka. I think a lot of them discount his work because they don't really look past the whole "God of Manga" tagline. It's almost as if people like him for being a legend, but don't really bother to find out HOW he became one.

Anway, nice of you to join in the discussion.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby F-Man » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:40 pm

Oh, I've seen you around! Welcome!! =)
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Sevi » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Welcome to TiE forum, bobojungle! :D
"I'm not in at the moment. If you are in need of medical attention, please leave your name, telephone number, nature of your complaint, seriousness of your condition, and how much you can afford to pay me. I'll get back to you later."
Sevi

Tezuka Nut

Postby bobojungle » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:12 am

Thank you all for the warm welcomes

I think a lot of people do respect Tezuka's influence but they don't know enough about his works so they don't read/watch his stuff. Although I like his art, his style is a bit of an acquired taste.
bobojungle

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:52 am

Tezuka's style can be a bit of an acquired taste (much like his sense of humour), but what always draws me in is his cinematic vision and economy of design. That's one thing about drawing so much manga, you don't want to do anything extra when an editor is sitting on your couch literally waiting for you to put down the pen - you make every line count.

I think that's one of the main reason I'm much more a manga fan than anime. The other has to do with the unlimited special effects budget in manga keeping the end product closer to the vision.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Return to Introductions