[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Hello form the U.S.

Hello form the U.S.

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Hello form the U.S.

Postby LikeThePhoenix » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:20 am

Hi, I'm LikeThePhoenix, Been a Tezuka fan for sometime now. I'm an 18 year old female who's in love with Japan, and anime and manga. I'm glad to be hear around fellow fans. My goal is to one day get all of the Phoenix books. Thats all I can think about for now. I'm glad to meet you.
Like the Phoenix I rise, From the ashes of life-Stratovarius
I am Looking for Phoenix Volume 4 (Karma), If you know to obtain it. Please contact me. Thank you so much.
LikeThePhoenix

Re: Hello form the U.S.

Postby Saruta » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:22 am

Hello LikeThePhoenix!

Wonder where you are in the US? (I'm in Ireland though originally from Russia).

Also, just out of interest, have you watched Phoenix 2772? (Of course it's wildly different from any manga).
Last edited by Saruta on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saruta

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:32 am

Hi there LikeThePhoenix... glad you could join us! We love meeting new Tezuka fans, so don't be shy.

Getting all the Phoenix books is a good place to start... Everyone's favourite seems to be Karma (which is great), but my personal fav is Nostalgia. Have you read any of them yet?
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Sevi » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:37 am

Welcome to the TiE forum, LikeThePhoenix! :D
"I'm not in at the moment. If you are in need of medical attention, please leave your name, telephone number, nature of your complaint, seriousness of your condition, and how much you can afford to pay me. I'll get back to you later."
Sevi

Tezuka Nut

Postby LikeThePhoenix » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:25 am

I’m from Wisconsin, and I love it here, but I hope to move to Japan after I’m done with school (I may have a job set up for me there). As of yet I have not seen Phoenix2772, but I’ll get to it soon. As for phoenix book’s I’ve read, Future, Yamato/Space, Nostalgia, and part one of Civil war. My favorite so far would be Future. Since I’ve heard so many good things about Karma I’m hunting it down (with no luck). I’ve been able to read many of Tezuka’s works for free thanks to the wonderful library system I have. Thanks to it I’ve read all of Adolf, all of Buddha, Apollo’s song, metropolis, and Dororo. I love libraries
Like the Phoenix I rise, From the ashes of life-Stratovarius
I am Looking for Phoenix Volume 4 (Karma), If you know to obtain it. Please contact me. Thank you so much.
LikeThePhoenix

Return to Introductions