[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - hello all

hello all

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

hello all

Postby David » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:01 pm

howdy, I'm David. I used to be a member here and took a break for a while. Now checking on how things have been. I had some log in trouble otherwise would have said "hi" last week. Yes, I buy and read all Tezuka manga in English. I feel very fortunate that so much has been translated. It's like a dream. Who would have imagined (some years ago) that we'd not only have all of Phoenix, Atom, Black Jack, Buddha but so many new surprises that I have never heard of. And they keep coming.... Do I have favorites? I guess Phoenix. But I have been reading Black Jack for a long time and I've become really attached to that. I don't expect there to be any Tezuka works that I would actually dislike but I would even read something that appealed less to me just to complete the picture of the man. I'd be most excited for more SF, though I don't think of anything particular and would love to see some collections of short stories.

I don't know a lot about his animation but prefer the comics anyway. I collect Tezuka shitajiki (pencilboards) but otherwise don't have much in the area of collectibles and trinkets.

thanks for keeping the flame burning.

David
David

Tezuka reader

Re: hello all

Postby strobe_z » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:46 am

It's really great to see you back here David. Do you still have your shitajiki website? I was looking for it (ran across some links while tidying up the website) but the links seemed to be dead.

Can we resurrect the Crime and Punishment thread now? ;)
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby David » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:40 am

thanks Strobe,

My personal Tezuka shitajiki collection is parked here;
http://www.shitajiki.biz/tezuka/tezukah ... ajiki.html

I also run a business called MangaSearch also known as shitajiki dot biz.
The site is still there but I've virtually shut it down while I was being involved with earthquake stuff. I anticipate that to be slowing down by the end of the year, and then hope to reboot the business again.

And I do have 2 copies of Crime and Punishment to offer. Sorry to have left that behind.

David
David

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:37 am

That is such a great collection... I'd love to host a higher rez gallery here at TiE (we could flesh out the Merchandise section).

I've posted about those 2 copies of Crime and Punishment over in the "official thread". I'm not sure what the state of the line up is - we lost a lot of regulars over the last year or so because of forum spam and general disarray but now that the server hosting issues have been resolved and the site and boards have been upgraded I'm hoping we'll lure some of them back.

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby David » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:22 am

I'll put rescan on my list of TTD. ;-)

David
David

Tezuka reader

Postby Saruta » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:59 am

What is the "official thread"? I'd like to know more about the copies.
Saruta

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:52 pm

The thread for Crime and Punishment is here - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=924 you can see how many people David has helped out over the years (starting with me).

strobe_z

Webmaster

Return to Introductions