[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Hello

Hello

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Hello

Postby GlacialLeaf » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:12 am

I have no idea actually what to write in here... actually, I have no idea how I even come to be interested in Tezuka's works so much... I know it started with Jungle Emperor/Kimba(to the point where I bought the manga in Japanes even though I have no knowledge in the language whatsoever right now), and then it just continued from there, I think... I just have no idea how I came to know Jungle Emperor... oh, well.
Anyway, I'm not used to being in forums, actually, and I'm quite new to his works, (I watched a few episodes of Black Jack, read some of its manga, watched some episodes of Kimba, still trying to find a way to understand its manga, and since I couldn't find the entire manga at a price I can afford, I'm waiting for the Phoenix 3 DVD set right now,) so I find it hard to believe I'll be posting here a lot. At first I thought nothing of it, and after I registered, I read the thread for new members.
After that, I thought that I should at least write an intoduction before my account gets deleted, so... it came out longer than I intended. ^ ^" Sorry for wasting your time. ^ ^"
GlacialLeaf

Re: Hello

Postby strobe_z » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:34 am

Hi GlacialLeaf! That introduction was just fine. We set up the posting requirement in order to make sure you're not just a spambot. Don't discount your ability to post here though, we welcome Tezuka fans of all levels. It doesn't matter if you know just a little or a whole lot, we all love talking about him and his works, so don't be shy!
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Re: Hello

Postby GlacialLeaf » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:11 am

Thanks. ^ ^" Also, by now I started watching the Phoenix DVDs and finished reading 12 volumes of the Black Jack manga. Tezuka's works are really great, and I can understand why this place exists and it's also relatively big. Too bad, though, that most of the people I know aren't familier with his works, and also wouldn't try them because of two reasons:
- I know some people that watch and read anime and manga, but most of the people I know wouldn't try them because they are 'childish.' =_="
- The English level in Israel isn't that great...
I also ordered Leo-Chan. I can read it, but... ufortunately, I can't understand most of it. I read one of the stories there, and the only work I remember understanding is 'spoon'... I also ordered Unico in Japanese, not knowing it was planned to be released on March in English, but I don't regret doing so. Worst case scenario, I'll have it in both English and Japanese. I just wish to being able to read it while understanding it, anyway...
GlacialLeaf

Return to Introductions