[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Yet another new user

Yet another new user

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Yet another new user

Postby Ametrine » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:45 am

Hello!

I actually registered because it's easier to lurk with an account, but since it seems required, I'll introduce myself. My username comes from my love and interest of crystal healing.

I have only been interested in the works of Osamu Tezuka for a few years, but I have yet to read or see one that I don't like. My favourites so far are Mighty Atom and Knight of the Ribbon. I'm also really interested in reading The Adventure of Rock, but have yet to acquire it.
Ametrine

Tezuka reader

Re: Yet another new user

Postby strobe_z » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:37 am

Hi Ametrine (love the name BTW)!

Glad you registered and hope you decide to participate and not just lurk. We love stuff that sparks discussion, so feel free to post questions or whatever Tezuka-related stuff is on your mind.

Unfortunately The Adventure of Rock is not available in any European language, so unless you read Japanese you're going to be stuck like the rest of us. ;) It's really too bad, because it's quite an interesting early Tezuka work. I'm assuming you've read our page for it, right?
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Ametrine » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:12 am

Thank you!

I'm not sure if I have anything new to input to these forums, but I might try to post if something comes to mind. Besides the things I listed before, I also like almost all the Tezuka cartoons that were uploaded to Viki.

Yes, I have indeed read Tezuka in English's page about The Adventure of Rock. :) In fact after I read about it there 1 or 2 years ago it became my most wanted comic by Tezuka along with Triton of the Sea. I am also aware of the language barrier, but I don't mind it and want it anyway. :P
Ametrine

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:54 pm

Well, I'm going to assume you know that Triton is coming out soon from DMP. So that's at least some good news.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Return to Introductions