[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Hello!

Hello!

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Hello!

Postby Path » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:30 am

Hello from a longtime Tezuka fan in Jersey. Promised I'd stop by to the Blackjack I saw at Animenext. *waves* Best costume there.

As a young kid, I watched the "Leo the Lion" series and fell in love. I was quite shocked to discover later it was anime. I am a hardcore Kimba and Blackjack fan (even have medical bag!). But I love them all, especially Princess Knight, W3, and Phoneix.

I have got my boyfriend into Blackjack as well, but it's hard to find fellow fans, so I'm glad to be here!

-Path (who has more Kimba stuff then she will admit to having)
Path

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:03 am

Welcome Path... I bet we can guess who that BlackJack in question is...

You've found the right place for Tezuka fans. We're small but growing.

cmoon is our resident Kimba fanatic, so I'm sure he'd welcome another one with open arms. I'm also a fan, but I've never really followed the Kimba anime, I only was insterested in translating the manga (same goes for Princess Knight). By and large I'm much more interested in Tezuka's manga than anime... was W3 anime on TV in North America? 'cause I've never seen it.
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby cmoon » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:07 pm

cmoon

Postby KimbaWLion » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:08 pm

KimbaWLion

Tezuka reader

Yes, that was me...

Postby putrocca » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:13 pm

Welcome to the site, Path!

Yes, I was the Black Jack at AnimeNEXT (surprise, surprise). Rock, Pinoko and I were there to see Rintaro and Maruyama, and to use our costuems to find more Tezuka fans. I'm glad to see it worked. :-)

I'll post a more thorough report on AnimeNEXT once I've rested up a bit, but it was a very good con, and I was recognized by more people than at any earlier con, so it seems that the new TV series and the DVD re-release of the BJ OAVs has done a lot for BJ's fame in the US. As usual, though, it was the dealers and guests who were most excited to see Black Jack there. If you ever want help finding something obscure in the dealers' room just dress as Black Jack - they'll ask eagerly if there's anything they can help sensei find, and go out of their way to get it.
Last edited by putrocca on Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby putrocca » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:16 pm

putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Path » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:54 pm

We will meet again, when the loops of time touch.
Path

Tezuka reader

Postby putrocca » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:01 pm

putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Princess Sapphire » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:22 am

Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Return to Introductions