[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Boss Aesop Here Ta Meetcha!

Boss Aesop Here Ta Meetcha!

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Boss Aesop Here Ta Meetcha!

Postby Boss_Aesop » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:33 pm

Hey guys. How's it going? Major Tezuka enthusiast here. I got into Tezuka back in 2011 so it's been a few. For me, the catalyzing moment was when I first made it through the rapturous closing pages of the Future story. Before long I began to feel conflicted. As much as I love Eiichiro Oda and his One Piece series, the T-man managed to bequeath these unforeseen epic highs of awe, emotion, and profound universality with his work that humble the greatest of modern manga talent. Soon enough, I came to with the understanding that reading Tezuka can be very much a spiritual experience. As for the english language releases that've been issued statewide, I own them all. But between work, school, and the emotive density of Tezuka's work, I have yet to devour everything. That said, given recent progress, it appears that 2015 will be that auspicious year when I do "finish." And so, I intend to cast my net further and wider. Tezuka's body of work is too expansive for one guy to traverse alone so I've decided to join "Tezuka in English," if you will have me, of course. My Japanese is skeletal, but my French is maybe decent. Although, I've run into an early snag in that procuring French manga en masse is not as easy as Japanese manga in the U.S., at least where I've looked. For starters, I was hoping someone in this cosmopolitan community could be point me in the right direction.

TL:DR; I'm Boss Aesop. Nice t'meetcha! :mrgreen:
Boss_Aesop

Re: Boss Aesop Here Ta Meetcha!

Postby strobe_z » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:47 pm

Hi Boss Aesop. Nice to have you visit the forums. As you can probably guess, they are nowhere near as active as they once were. Which is too bad really. However, they're still a great resource and you can find a lot of answers to questions people have asked/talked about for a long time.

Hopefully with a little more activity we'll see a resurgence of people on these forums.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Return to Introductions