[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - It's good to find an English forum

It's good to find an English forum

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

It's good to find an English forum

Postby Hekima » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:32 am

(wavewave) Hello!

Sorry, I get a little over excited sometimes.

I am Hekima. I only recently got into Tezuka after randomly picking up the first volume of Buddha at a locally owned book store. Since I insist on getting my volumes in hardback, I'm still working on that series but I'm up to volume six. I've also recently picked up Phoenix which I'm loving. I probably won't get anything else until I'm finished with Buddha but I don't plan on stopping with those series.

I don't know how active I'll be but I've been browsing this site a lot since it's one of the few decent English Tezuka sites out there. I just don't know many people who are familiar with his work (or at least they don't know they are) so I need a place to ramble. I'll try to be coherent, though.

I run the Buddha fanlisting and the link is in my sig. It's one of my more low traffic fanlistings and I'm always having to just post that there aren't any members lately so don't hesitate to join...even if you do find it strange that I host a Tezuka-related site on my lionking.org web space. :?

Oh, a big thumbs up for the fact that the character section clears up who Hyoutan-Tsugi is right away. I started going though all the characters on the official Tezuka site but it was a little tedious since all I knew is that he kind of looks like a pig and some guy picked one out of the ground in one of the Phoenix books and proclaimed it was a mushroom. Now if I could just figure out who the little big-nosed guy who always says things about elevators and luggage is...
Hekima

Tezuka reader

Postby putrocca » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:25 pm

Welcome!

I like the Buddha fanlisting - good idea to create one. For now I've put a plain link to it in our Fans & Fun page - I'll add a fancier link with a graphic later.

I believe the big-nosed character you're trying to identify is "Spider" - a distinctive small, hump-backed white creature with a huge long nose, a black coat and two stumpy legs. It is another Tezuka signature, like Hyoutan-tsugi. Other than its name and the fact that you can buy a plushie of it I don't know much about it, but it is in almost all his works - they even included it in the Metropolis movie.
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby strobe_z » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:13 pm

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Amrith » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:30 pm

Amrith

Tezuka Expert

Return to Introductions