[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Hi..*cough* O_o

Hi..*cough* O_o

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Hi..*cough* O_o

Postby DonnaKebab » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:25 pm

Hello everyone, how are you all today?

Yeah, I'm new on here *cough* I'm also fairly new to Tezuka too, I found this site through doing research on Tezuka for media studies project. :oops: I've always wanted to go beyond Astro Boy and Kimba, but I don't know where to start :?
Oh well I'll get there, either way my name is Donna :D Long time lurker too XD
DonnaKebab

Postby Huscheli » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:42 pm

Hi Donna!
We're always happy to see new Tezuka Fans and Members here! ^^

Since you want to see more then Kimba, have you already tried "Ode to Kirihito"? It's new out in english and it's a very great "adult" work of Tezuka I can really recommand you. ^_^

By the way media studies project? What exactly, if I can ask you?^^
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby DonnaKebab » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:58 pm

I've been looking for more of the 'adult' stuff in all the book shops/comic book shops where I live, I've had no luck so far. Mainly because the places where I look either don't have them or the staff in said shops won't order them for me :(

Is there anywhere else I can look? Suggestions are most welcome :)

Oh yeah, the media studies project... :lol: It's actually about what our favourite mediums/types of media and why they mean so much to us (yeah, our lecturer sets out assignments like this all the time, so it's pretty much the norm).

My favourite medium is animation and comic book/graphic novel, and I didn't want to do the same thing as everyone else (we have a lot of 'Naruto' fans at my college!) I recently found what I think was the 80's Astro Boy box set? I think from then on, I just wanted to know more about Tezuka's work, and what influenced him, things like that. I'm not even a thirdway through yet, I've still got so much to work on :lol:
DonnaKebab

Postby Huscheli » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:05 pm

Ah, well I think you'll find a lot of information on this page :D And maybe on Wikipedia and stuff too. I loved projects similar (but a lot more childish) like that back in school :D

Well actually most bookshops should be able to order you an american book. Especially the bigger ones. (Aren't most Graphic Novels in England importet from the US anyway?)
Of course you could order most stuff through amazon.com - but I think you know that yourself :D So...I don't know anything else.

One of Tezukas "important" works would be Phoenix. Could be you read about this before. It's out in english too.
I get most of my stuff from France (they have many Tezuka works there!) so I'm not that informed about the English market.
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Metropolisforever » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:06 pm

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED.
Metropolisforever

Banned

Postby DonnaKebab » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:12 pm

DonnaKebab

Postby Metropolisforever » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:17 pm

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED.
Metropolisforever

Banned