Star System Identification

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Star System Identification

Postby Discman » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:43 am

I've seen a few names on the Star System page that list a number of characters and their pay but there are a few names that I couldn't place. They are Boku Zaku (secondary charcter) and Arabian Night (minor character). Buuyan used to stump me as well until I went to the Japanese wikipedia page and saw that he was that guy whose face jutted out like a triangle on its side. Can anyone tell me who Boku Zaku and Arabian Night are?
Discman

Tezuka reader

Re: Star System Identification

Postby Jeffbert » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:55 am

spell the names using Japanese. I have matched most of the portraits to their corresponding pay rates, but the text is Japanese.
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Discman » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:14 pm

Sorry it took so long to reply. So anyway here are the names in Japanese with the English next to them: ぼ ク ザク (Boku Zaku), アラビアンナイト (Arabian Night) and アンぺア (Anpaa). I forgot to add that last one in the first message.
Discman

Tezuka reader

Postby Discman » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:44 pm

Disregard the (Anpaa) one, I just realised that it actually stands for Ampere, as in Monsieur Ampere.
Discman

Tezuka reader

Postby Jeffbert » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:25 am

I have no portrait for ぼ ク ザク, which I have as "ブク・ザク" . No match for the アラビアンナイト portrait, either. I will need to look in the Tezuka characters book, maybe in the index, to find them.

But this will take a long time.
Jeffbert

Postby Jeffbert » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:47 am

So far, I have found an ARABIAN NIGHTS series. Still looking for a character. vol 4, pages 86 & 197. This is apparently a reference to that series. Could find nothing on either " ぼクザク" or "ブク・ザク". I will look again later.
Jeffbert

Postby Discman » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:09 am

Well, good luck. I can only make guesses but perhaps since Boku Zaku is referred to as a Secondary Character, he may be the real name of that thin man with a pointy nose, slight overbite and large eyebrows who always seems to have a nervous look on his face, he goes by: Pero Pero (Cactus Sam), Aristocrat (Cyrano the Hero), Puma (Black Canyon), and Nashino Kouji (Tales of Summer Grass), he's also the audience member who started the fire at Hamegg's circus in the retelling of Astro Boy's past, part of the jury in the 12 angry men chapter of Rainbow Parakeet and a drug dealer in Midnight.

Arabian Night may refer to that fat Arabian man with small moustache who played Dr. Yaseem's assistant (Age of Adventure), the bartender (Crime and Punishment) and Emerald's father (Twin Knights).

These are only guesses, so perhaps you can ask around to clarify.
Discman

Tezuka reader

Return to Questions and Feedback