[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Why Astroboy as the forum/thread activity image?

Why Astroboy as the forum/thread activity image?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Why Astroboy as the forum/thread activity image?

Postby cmoon » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:37 am

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Potato » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:52 am

Katara: Sokka, You're a genius!
Aang: Did the definition of genius change in the last 100 years?

Potato

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Amrith » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:03 pm

Astro is the most famous character created by Osamu Tezuka, well kwown in dozen of countries. For past generations, including our, he is the icon of manga and anime around the world. He was also the sine qua non arrow for science-fiction history in manga and anime.

Moreover, Astro is the symbol of Tezuka Productions from the beginning, and the one who is painted on every museum and shop dedicated to Tezuka in Japan. His head was even drawn on covers of COM aka Tezuka Mag as a recurring logo.

Plus Astro Boy is the longest saga of Tezuka excluding Phoenix, featuring four manga series (1951 - 1975 - 1980 - 2003), three TV series, several films etc... And the US CG movie planned for 2009, which make the Astro Boy saga still on the road currently. It's not the case with the other works except Dororo.

Last but no least, he is cute and then he is a perfect board logo.
Astro is the good choice in any case.

Last edited by Amrith on Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amrith

Tezuka Expert

Postby Potato » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:06 pm

Amrith, where did you find the pic? I luv it! I'm a total astro fan. :D

EDIT: is that a bit from the 2003 version the episode where Astro goes into his sisters brain to kill a bug? thats my fave episode.

Potato

Postby Amrith » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:08 pm

It's a pic of a japanese DVD cover that I cut here and there.
From the 2003 series of course. And yes, you guess the right episode.
Amrith

Tezuka Expert

Postby Potato » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:11 pm

Potato

Postby cmoon » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:38 pm

cmoon

Postby putrocca » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:39 pm

- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Amrith » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:45 pm

Amrith

Tezuka Expert

Postby cmoon » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:22 pm

cmoon

Postby putrocca » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:54 pm

- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Kevin » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:13 pm

Kevin

Postby strobe_z » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:28 pm

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby cmoon » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:09 pm

cmoon

Postby Kevin » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:10 pm