[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Which area of the site do you most want to see improved?

Which area of the site do you most want to see improved?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Which area of TezukaInEnglish.com do you most want to see improved/expanded?

More series pages, covering rare series that it's hard to find information about
50%
More information about the most popular series (Astro Boy, Black Jack, Kimba)
No votes
More/Better Character Pages
10%
I want an image gallery! Tezuka pictures!
20%
Better coverage of merchandise.
No votes
More links and other online stuff.
No votes
More general analytical artilces, like info on Takarazuka theater, the Tezuka museum, manga history, Tezuka's influence and students, biography etc.
10%
Fun things like quizzes, trivia, games, icons, wallpaper.
10%
Fanworks: fanfic, fanart, fan comics, doujinshi, etc.
No votes

Total votes : 10

Which area of the site do you most want to see improved?

Postby putrocca » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:37 pm

We're finishing up a lot of behind-the-scenes improvements to our server and site, so it's about time to start the next round of expansions. The big question is: what area should we focus on? Where do you want to see TezukaInEnglish.com grow? More info on rare series? On popular series? On characters? More fan activities? Fill out the poll or post suggestions!
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Kevin » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:12 pm

I voted for fun things but I also consider downloadable pics to be fun too ^_^
New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Rocku » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:36 pm

I gotta say, I'd like to see more characters finally getting pages in the character section. I know you guys are working on it as we speak, but I'm impatient. Lol.

Also, since I can't vote for 2 things or twice, something else I'd like to see more of are analytical essays; the breaking down of characters. There was (is?) quite an extensive one on Rock that you guys did, and I really enjoyed reading it.
"There are demons in my soup. There are monsters in my damn soup."

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Kevin » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:07 pm

Oh Guys if it matters, could fun things also include E-Cards?

E-Cards rule ^_^
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby putrocca » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:07 am

Glad to hear you enjoyed my Rock essay - I spent a couple years working on that one. I don't think I'll have a chance to write another comparable one soon, but what I can do is get back to bugging the other people who've promised me essays over the years. One person promised one on Phoenix, another one on Princess Knight and its influence on Shoujo history - I'll see if I can get them to cough them up.

I don't know anything about how to make custom E-cards, do any of you know?
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Kevin » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:32 am

I wish I knew :(
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Potato » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:50 am

Katara: Sokka, You're a genius!
Aang: Did the definition of genius change in the last 100 years?

Potato

Postby cmoon » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:03 pm

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Rukawagf » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:37 pm

Rukawagf

Tezuka Nut

Postby putrocca » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:28 am

putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Potato » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:39 am

Katara: Sokka, You're a genius!
Aang: Did the definition of genius change in the last 100 years?

Potato

Postby Rukawagf » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:31 pm

More information about the most popular series (Astro Boy, Black Jack, Kimba) -- yes but I think there's a finite number of information unless new translators comes around T.T

More/Better Character Pages -- yes! let's include spoiler infos too (with warnings)

I want an image gallery! Tezuka pictures! -- yes! i'm all for some screen caps or scans.

Better coverage of merchandise. -- This is the part I really want. Pictures of as many toys up to date. Galleries would be nice as well. I'm also willing to help out.

More links and other online stuff. -- yes to a point.... right now it seems fine though

More general analytical artilces, like info on Takarazuka theater, the Tezuka museum, manga history, Tezuka's influence and students, biography etc. -- yes but someone has to sit down and write it. I think you should take submissions.... I don't suggest taking everyone's writing of course. (Though it might hurt some people's feelings, not everyone's reviews are gonna be good)

Fun things like quizzes, trivia, games, icons, wallpaper. -- Yes ^_^ small contests to make this section grow?

Fanworks: fanfic, fanart, fan comics, doujinshi, etc. -- Hmm... hard to say. Again, might want to take submissions... a lot of links are broken though already.
Rukawagf

Tezuka Nut

Postby Princess Sapphire » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:02 pm

Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Return to Questions and Feedback